Economics L100 Watch

This discussion is closed.
russ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Just wondering how many places are there for this course? Also if we do not get the grades AAA are there any chances of getting in still??
twilight
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not sure about the number of places. But a guy at the openday i went to last week said that if u dont get AAA, there's no point ringing them as there's no way they'll give u a place!!

quite scary?!
russ
Rep:
?
yep i jst know i wont be able to make the grades. BTW Has anyone seen the new social science building at City? what do people think about economics over there?
Splinter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do IB and the guy (pemberton i think) said that i could miss my HL offer and still get in if my overall score was higher than requested. With A-lvl 1 grade out of three is a huge difference. So there is no chance I expect, as the competition for UCL was something rediculous like 18:1
twilight
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm just trying to stay positive
Soumak
Report 13 years ago
Hey,

Im a first yer econ student here at UCL (L100), and yes you must get 3As. My friend was tellin me, thart ithis girl in her school got 479/600 for physics (AAB overall) and didnt get in. Ne way good luck and hope to see you next year.

bye
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by russ)
Just wondering how many places are there for this course? Also if we do not get the grades AAA are there any chances of getting in still??

for L100 they have 100 places out of which about twenty go to international students.
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Soumak)
Hey,

Im a first yer econ student here at UCL (L100), and yes you must get 3As. My friend was tellin me, thart ithis girl in her school got 479/600 for physics (AAB overall) and didnt get in. Ne way good luck and hope to see you next year.

bye

is it 479 or 579/600????????
russ
Rep:
?
Musafir, just out of curiosity what course were u applying for at City? Just wondering why the hell they would reject u, ur grades are perfect
RayOfHope
Report 13 years ago
Would I still get into UCL for L100 even if i get something like AABBC though my offer is AAAE?
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by russ)
Musafir, just out of curiosity what course were u applying for at City? Just wondering why the hell they would reject u, ur grades are perfect

i applied for economics L100 and they were the first one to reject me.
dont know why. if they still dont want this kind of result then wat the hell more were they expecting from me. anyways i dont care abt them now after i have unconditional from UCL. all i m now worried about is LSE.
twilight
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Musafir_85)
for L100 they have 100 places out of which about twenty go to international students.
r u sure about that because at the open day i went to about half the the room, about 40 people were chinese
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by temilola)
r u sure about that because at the open day i went to about half the the room, about 40 people were chinese

i know for L100 its definitely 100 places because they say it in the prospectus. but for 20 international places my friend(international applicant) told me that when he was screwed up by UCL he rang them to ask the reason, then they told him there were 20 places for international students.

but still this is word of mouth not official figures.
russ
Rep:
?
Im still waiting for an offer/ rejection from UCL I had an interview early in February. Is anyone else in the same waiting position? how long do they normally take to reply???? Does anyone (...other than myself) want to e-mail them an tell them to hurry up, so we can make our decisions!!!
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ornela)
Would I still get into UCL for L100 even if i get something like AABBC though my offer is AAAE?
no..
russ
Rep:
?
ive heard of pple calling up and getting in on some occassions with aab results... so they were just myths?
Splinter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Basicly, I heard things like "if you call them up having been rejected they MAY give you an offer because they have lots of ppl who dont want to go there getting offers".
Ppl can get in with aab results IN THEORY. this can happen because if they give a certain amount of offers (eg. 110 for 100 places) they expect 10 ppl not to make it. But if 20 ppl dont make it, then 10 of those that dont will get it (or thereabouts)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (77)
26.92%
No (209)
73.08%

Watched Threads