Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya,
    Now it's time to make a decision over which university to go to i need a first choice of either Warwick or Aston, as the courses i've applied for require the same grades at A level (and my second choice will be slightly lower, obviously )
    It makes it wayyyy more difficult considering i have no idea what i want to do after :eek: and i have applied for two different courses.
    Warwick- Sociology
    Aston- Sociology with Psychology
    I've decided on different pros and cons (like Aston is in Birmingham (pro- nightlife, bullring + station!) and Warwick is slightly more secluded). Also, Warwick has a better reputation over all, and is top for Sociology. Then, Aston offer a sandwich course which Warwick don't, and the placement is appealing to me, especially as it improves employability. OOh and then there's the accomodation at Warwick, which i prefer to Aston.

Just wondering if anyone has any strong preferences, or any little bits of info that might help my decision?!
    Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    warwick.

ReputationRep:
    warwick

every day of the week

ReputationRep:
    Without doubt Warwick!

ReputationRep:
    hehe that's pretty certain then is Warwick's social side that much better than Aston's then? I mean I know Warwick is better academically but how about socially?! thanks everyone by the way

ReputationRep:
    warwick. It's not difficult to go to b'ham from there anyway to go shopping or see bands etc..

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert, but apparently they have a really good Student's Union, which is pretty imperative as it's not near anywhere very exciting! But apparently they organise loads of good events etc. and as has been mentioned before, Birmingham is easy to get to from there!

ReputationRep:
    i would choose warwick without hesitation. I declined my aston offer too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Aston - for the placement
    *..or just to be different*. lol

Warwick is wayyyyyy better, plus its in a very safe and friendly area and has a nice campus (i live near there).

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to do the placement then I think you should go for Aston. It's a lot better than a lot people give it credit for. It may not offer a large selection of degrees or be a big university, but for the subjects it does do, then it's very good. It also has one of the highest graduate employment rates, so obviously they're doing something right!

In the end though, pick the uni that you can see yourself being happiest at, not the one that's highest in the league table.

ReputationRep:
    i'd choose warwick to be honest. But as -Emmz- said, its kinda pointless going somewhere you don't want to go to. Visit both then make your mind up Social life in warwick isn't bad- hell, for stuff like the bullring in brum its just about 40 mins away (1 bus ride then a train to new street).

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is such a lovely uni, i wanted 2 go der but couldnt get the grades. There is also alot that goes on down there; gud S/U, theatre etc (if dats ur kinda thang)
    However the main aston site is in the centre of bham. I live in Bham and the social life is amazing.
    Although u could go to places in Bham from warwick it could be a kinda trek to find urself back from bham c/centre bak to campus unless u had a car!
    Hope it hlps!!!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.