Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm off to Highbury, to see Arsenal win/lose/draw* and stay in/drop out of/have a slim mathematical chance of staying in* the Champion's League. Everyone else enjoy their fireworks and what ever kiddies get upto in the dark.

*delete as appropiate when I return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    lose
    *delete as appropiate when I return.
    My prediction

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, sadly, after two great European performances last night...

I'm off to see something better:- The Matrix Revolutions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unreg)
    I'm off to see something better:- The Matrix Revolutions!
    Bah.... so jealous....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    My prediction
    great predictions tek & theone? Any of you put any money on it??

Oh Ashley Cole, Ashley Ashley Ashley Cole, Ashley Ashley Ashley Cole!

ReputationRep:
    Yes Arsenal, keep it up! The only team so far to qualify for the second round of the CL having lost their first three are Newcastle. While Arsenal had a point already, it's a similar situation, and Inter were in that group too. There's a chance definitely.

Good game Dan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Yes Arsenal, keep it up! The only team so far to qualify for the second round of the CL having lost their first three are Newcastle. While Arsenal had a point already, it's a similar situation, and Inter were in that group too. There's a chance definitely.

Good game Dan?
    We're in a similar situation to Juve last year, where I think they only got 1 point in their first 3 games, and qualified with 7points (then got all the way to the final). I think we can win against Inter, they drew at home today, they're not the same team that beat us 3-0. Then a home game against Lokomotiv, which is definitely winnable, if we do that we're through.

A good game??? The first half was ok, we were dominating most of the game, without any real finishing touches, just a few half-chances really. They had a few shots, but Lehmann wasn't really tested.
    We started the second half a lot more brighter, and should've at least been 1 up early on. My seat was wicked (behind the goal in the North Bank - the goal we were attacking in the 2nd half). There was a lot of tension in the ground, even though the singing was nearly continuous. Scoring in the 87th minute was BEAUTIFUL, its the only way to win isn't it?? You kinda feel sorry for the diving, time-wasting Ukranian cheats don't you? . Saw Ash shut his eyes as he dived forwards to knock the ball into the net, fan-bloody-tastic. The little corner of Kiev supporters (who had given really good support all night) went silent for once as the rest of Highbury ignited. Good game? Ask me before the 87th min and I say no, ask me now, and I say f*ck yes.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha good to know you enjoyed it. Can't even watch bloody CL on telly, have to go bloody mosque. Oh well it'll be over with Ramadan.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.