Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    im not targetting you, it's just i hate it when edders says ho hum, its just a put down, isn't it?
    Yeah but that was the idea, I lifted an informative post by somebody on a fan board and brought it here so that some of you can explore and be interested and inspired. I wasn't really expecting explorations such as, "you're wrong." I found it an interesting read anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I wish people would stop quoting edders like that. and to tagzt, just wait till "the matrix online" comes out, all the questions will be answered then :rolleyes:
    if the bros had always seen the matrix as a trilogy why would they need a game to explain things further? i think they changed their original ending in order to release make more money...a shame because it has ruined the whole thing for me

ReputationRep:
    they should make a book which actually closes the final chapter once and for all......if there wasn't one already of course..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    they should make a book which actually closes the final chapter once and for all......if there wasn't one already of course..
    but surely they would then realise it would be more profitable to not answer everything in the book but instead bring out a weekly comic strip to "explain everything"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    but surely they would then realise it would be more profitable to not answer everything in the book but instead bring out a weekly comic strip to "explain everything"?
    and only make it available by picture messaging on your mobile...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    and only make it available by picture messaging on your mobile...
    which has to be the £400 official "Matrix phone"...

ReputationRep:
    Here we go. First off, that guy on the first page is wrong.
    Neo's body died, hence why we saw his body being carried away by the machines, but his spirit is still alive, or maybe he is alive in the real upper world (like the orcale).

What I could make out from the film was that Zion was at the bottom, above was the matrix (which got deleted at the end), above that, the machine world and finally the real upper world.

It was supposed to be more of an epic ending rahter than an alll out kung fu film. The reason we only had one kung fu fight was at the end to make it feel more special - like a true ending, which it was!
    But basically, when you think about it, it was the oracle that killed smith because she purposly got cloned, then made neo realise who he was fighting by saying "every beginining has an end".

Maybe the message to these films are that God is a woman?

ReputationRep:
    Neo died to save mankind. Its the life of Jesus story (not that it is a bad thing). We know he died, because after he collapsed after dieing in the Matrix, the machines disconnected him from the matrix and carried him off.

I think that in the matrix online, there will most probably me libraries where you can search for info about "the saviour"....

ReputationRep:
    Having seen the film (on Thursday) I have a few points. And to all you who say I'm just jumping on the anti-big budget film bandwagon you're wrong.

I went to the cinema wanting to like this film. Having seen the first and second films I was looking forward to the conclusion. How could the brothers get it so wrong? Was there a scene without CGI? Not that CGI is a bad thing but a lot of the time i felt "we're going to fill the next 10 mins with graphics - be wowed" applied. Every other 10 mins,as if to balance it out, we are treated to a few choice/cheesey preachings; "Everything that has a beginning has an end", "If you say we'll make it - i'll believe it Neo". Urgh, it was just a mess. It doesn't matter how much money you throw at a film if its not fresh or even slightly orginal it will, like MRev, be crap!

John

PS Don't get me started on Mr Reeves' acting. God blimey. As Will Self said - "Reeves can't act as Neo let alone as 'Neo in love'"

ReputationRep:
    I personally thought the film sucked the first time I watched it and then I watched it again. Both times I watched it with only one or two other people in the theatre (I work at a theatre - private showings rock!) and since I had almost no distractions, I got to fully obsorb the effects of the film. The first time I watched it, I felt like the ending totally sucked, but after pondering on the concept for a while and then watching it again three days later, I noticed a lot more things that happened in the film that I didn't the first time around. I also noticed that a lot more things came together than most people think and the conclusion DOES fit the trilogy's end quite well. I do feel personally that a lot of stones were left unturned, but at the same time, I feel the really big stones, for the most part, were completely pounded into dust.

ReputationRep:
    Final de Matrix III:

El triunfo de Neo se produce cuando es re-bautizado por Smith. El super agente le dice que el ya vió esa escena –conjeturamos que con los ojos del oracle-, que se supone que debe pararse allí y decir algo, pero no recuerda bien qué. Entonces dice: “Todo lo que comienza termina, Neo”. A partir de allí, las relaciones de poder se invierten, desde la cuestión de la actitud. Smith se asusta y dice: “¿Qué acabo de decir?, ¡no puede ser, debe haber un truco!”, mientras Neo le responde: “¿De qué tiene miedo? Tiene razón, Ud. Siempre ha tenido razón”. Entonces Neo se deja duplicar y es finalmente, ayudado por la energía de la I.A, del “hardware” que origina la matriz, acaba con todos los Smiths.
    Lo evidente, lo significativo, es que el único cambio entre ésta y las demás luchas es que Smith dejó de decir “Mr. Anderson” para decir “Neo”. Esta aceptación del cambio de nombre es lo que determina el triunfo de Neo. No olvidemos el “my name is Neo” de M1 en el subway, con el cual “logra” el poder de volar por vez primera.
    La idea de que hay un programa que es “the one” y que sirve para balancear el sistema de la matriz mediante la incorporación del libre albedrío, es interesante, la saga completa, demuestra precisamente que la implementación del libre albedrío hace imposible que la ecuación quede balanceada, toda vez que se elija correctamente. Cuando la máquina le dice que es mentira que él pueda detener a Smith, Neo le responde, “If that’s true, then I’ve made a mistake and you should kill me now”.
    Si Neo entiende la necesidad de su sacrificio, su poder está más allá de las máquinas y en consecuencia puede salirse del ciclo circular de carácter pagano planteado a través de la destrucción-re construcción de Sión, para instaurar un ciclo de características cristianas –con las posibles peregrinaciones a su tumba de los liberados de la matriz –que por su lado tendrían que ser “iniciados” antes de ser “despertados”- como de los sobrevivientes de Sion que crean en Neo.
    Para comprender esto, es edificante la lectura de dos cuentos de J.L. Borges: “Las ruinas circulares” y “Los teólogos”.
    En definitiva, la primera matriz falló por “demasiado perfecta” para la raza humana. La segunda funciona a lo largo de los seis ciclos hasta la llegada de Neo, que logra ir beyond the sistem. Re-instaurando la posibilidad de un ciclo de características clásico-cristianas.
    Any questions?

[QUOTE=Petrozzi]The Matrix Explained

ReputationRep:
    wow, somebody doesn't like me...... *looking at petrozzi*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    wow, somebody doesn't like me...... *looking at petrozzi*
    two questions

Spanish, please.
    I mean: "somebody doesn't like me...." means:
    ¿"alguien que me desagrada" o "alguien a quien desagrado"?

and

what´s the meaning of "mod war"?

I just send -past tense?- this to Petrozzi because he wrote a great explication of the film. That´s all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rodrigo)
    two questions

Spanish, please.
    I mean: "somebody doesn't like me...." means:
    ¿"alguien que me desagrada" o "alguien a quien desagrado"?

and

what´s the meaning of "mod war"?

I just send -past tense?- this to Petrozzi because he wrote a great explication of the film. That´s all.
    "mod war" translated would be "la guerra de los mediadores"

ReputationRep:
    neo definately dies at the end of Revolutions because as the oracle said Neo and Smith are opposites of an equations. When Smith took over Neo the two canceled as would 1 and -1.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the next movie will be "Matrix Evolution". I think Neo evolved. Perhaps the machines (or at least the architect) were working on a human who would be able to cross the divide and understand that the machines were a new life form. Neo saw them as energy beings...perhaps equal to the soul or energy life forms that are man.

ReputationRep:
    And who said Neo died at the end? He may have been quite alive..and probably was. They may even resurrect Trinity. After all, man is the parent of the machine world. Man tried to destroy them. Now that man wants peace, maybe the child will become more loving and cooperative....maybe the matrix was the means to educate man as to the true nature of the machines they created. The third movie is just really the beginning....

And smith being neo's opposite (or anti-christ?)?? Naaah, that was only in the matrix. In the real world, Neo had quite the advantage...if you take away the surprise that smith was able to utilize to gain an unfair advantage. Smith is in no way the opposite-equal of Neo. Not even close.

As for the ending of Smith in the Matrix and Machine world (the real world of MAN), the last battle was Neo-Oracle-Machine world programs vs. Smith. Neo destroyed smith leaving Oracle-program and machine programs back to normal control and operations.

We need a Matrix IV.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who isn't clear on the matrix, i suggest read this blokes essays...

they should help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unreg'd)
    Do not read on if you have not watched the movie yet...

OK...

I enjoyed the movie, but did not think it was as good as the two previous ones. It lacked the "in the matrix action" but the machines vs zeon was good as was smith vs neo.

I found the end confusing though...

So, does Neo die when Smith dies?

How did Neo, kill Smith? Did the machines help him?

Is the Matrix over at the end and is the "real world", or is that still it...and the little girl is a program with a use, the sun...?

The architect obviously hinted the peace wouldn't last long, was that part of the programs sequence?

What was your interpretation...
    my answers:

neo dies- neo and agent smith were linked in lifeforce (explained somewhere in the trilogy)

the machines make hime explode or something like that. neo lets smith overwrite him and then the machines kick in

dunno about the third question

still dont know

ReputationRep:
    Neo + Smith are brothers and the Oracle is their mum. They both watched too much mind-bending tv and played on silly computer games when they were kids and the whole matrix saga was just a game they invented that got a bit out of hand. They're now in psychiatric hospitals trying to get over the effects of a sh*t upbringing.

Did no-one else get that from watching the film?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.