Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well here are some Korean-American guys from the US:

http://www.aznlover.com/movable/arch...les/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meetjoeblack)
    Well here are some Korean-American guys from the US:

http://www.aznlover.com/movable/arch...les/index.html
    That guy is probably a model. How many of those are you going to find?

ReputationRep:
    Actually even though they are actors/models, I have met a lot of Korean-American guys who look better than them.

But I think Koreans tend to be much more rugged and masculine looking than many Chinese, purely due to genetics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meetjoeblack)
    Actually even though they are actors/models, I have met a lot of Korean-American guys who look better than them.

But I think Koreans tend to be much more rugged and masculine looking than many Chinese, purely due to genetics.
    I wouldn't say it's got much to do with genetics that's just because I know quite a lot masculine (actually, not just looking) Chinese. I feel the need to mention that I'm not gay...

(Original post by crana9)
    inicidentally, is his girlfriend Asian? He was very into asian girls when I knew him.
    His girlfriend (last time i talked to her anyway) is malaysian, but shes very english if you get me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Chinese?
    Ok, we all seriously need to figure out definitions here. We do not mean Oriental (ie Chinese, Vietnamese etc)
    well, whatever, it still was totally random getting a definition from a dictionary and stating that everybody is confused with the definitions. i actually use firefox, and use the plugin...

it is clear from the start that you weren't going to have any serious input into this thread, since it is called 'going out with a chinese guy', and you are english male, who just wants to rant on about people in your kitchen.

what other views of chinese males do you have (not just the one who uses your kitchen) (and dont be confused about what asian or oriental means! )? ie. back to the topic pls if you can...

ReputationRep:
    this thread has brought up more issues than i thought it would!
    so thanks for an interesting discussion guys (well most of it anyway :rolleyes:)

I love CLTH... :love:

ReputationRep:
    I think in general Westerners like Chinese features - as in Chinese looks - and Chinese likes Western looks. Like, everyone in England seems to want a tan, whereas in HK there's actually cream to make you look whiter. My friends who are almost all English apart from 1 who's Chinese likes my straight black hair whereas I prefer dark brown, slightly wavy hair, which is more western.

I don't take the race stuff into account but it does seem I much prefer western looks - I'm far less keen on Chinese looks - and I'm Chinese. My ex-boyfriend's western - half-English half-Dutch, and I think I'm probably gonna end up marrying a westerner tbh. And I'm used to the English culture - marrying someone Chinese might not match me well, I dunno. And In general I'm attracted to western looks - I haven't found anyone I find particularly attractive who is Chinese or Japanese yet, on TV or otherwise. Something about mixed westerners attracts me too just kinda cool.

Not sure about western girls going out with Chinese/Japanese guys though - I just know I like western looks but I'm the more common case - Chinese girl for western guys.

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple with a guy of chinease origin and a white girl

(Original post by DaveManUK)
    well, whatever, it still was totally random getting a definition from a dictionary and stating that everybody is confused with the definitions. i actually use firefox, and use the plugin...

it is clear from the start that you weren't going to have any serious input into this thread, since it is called 'going out with a chinese guy', and you are english male, who just wants to rant on about people in your kitchen.

what other views of chinese males do you have (not just the one who uses your kitchen) (and dont be confused about what asian or oriental means! )? ie. back to the topic pls if you can...
    The google plugin you mean...

I think it quite prudent, or even interesting that different people use the word asian to mean different racial groups. It can cause much confusion, and i was simply quoting a BRITISH dictionary so people can know what is the correct and incorrect usage in this country.

The thread immediately before you even entered this conversation "exactly! and indian - yes they are! well i am anyway!" expanded this thread to more of a query as to why it is that White girl + Non-white guy is seen more rarely/perhaps even frowned upon more than white guy + non-white girl.
    If everyone stuck EXACTLY to every thread heading it would be a sad sad thing.

Now we are all aware you are a chinese guy, and so would love a thread titled 'going out with a chinese guy' to focus on yourself. But it obviously ain't happening.

And to rub salt into your gaping wounds...-crana9, why the long term pain killer usage?

ReputationRep:
    u no what really is hot? half chinese half english,(like myself) u get the tan, the big eyes the smooth skin ,but id luv to hav proper straight glossy black hair or like totally blonde, i just have this really dark blacky brown hair
    i find asian and western guys cute, altho i prefer the ways western guys act and their general aura, which is mainly the culture thing
    but chinese guys dont seem to *** up or talk to me, dunno if theyr intimidated or wot???, maybe cos im taller than a lot of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perkyDani)
    u no what really is hot? half chinese half english,(like myself)
    Yeah, someone's not at all up themselves here!

ReputationRep:
    And to rub salt into your gaping wounds...-crana9, why the long term pain killer usage?
    Actually,that was a joke between me and visesh, but because i have HEDS/HMS.

ReputationRep:
    His girlfriend (last time i talked to her anyway) is malaysian, but shes very english if you get me.
    Is he still into white supremacy?

(Im assuming its the same one? from nottm, doing war studies? I cant imagine theres that many micheal champions at kings).

I like the way you say that. Is it likeley she has become, say, french since you last spoke to her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perkyDani)
    maybe cos im taller than a lot of them
    The majority of Chinese guys I know are short, which if I'm being honest, isn't an attractive feature.

If we were to discuss about facial features, then most Chinese will not appear to be "appealing". Most Chinese guys don't come up and talk to you maybe because the idea the have for where they should find their "perfect" match. I'm not certain on that despite being Chinese myself. Personally, I'm not all that bothered. I'll have whoever I bump into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    The majority of Chinese guys I know are short, which if I'm being honest, isn't an attractive feature.

If we were to discuss about facial features, then most Chinese will not appear to be "appealing". Most Chinese guys don't come up and talk to you maybe because the idea the have for where they should find their "perfect" match. I'm not certain on that despite being Chinese myself. Personally, I'm not all that bothered. I'll have whoever I bump into.
    Just don't bump into me when im asleep on your floor:eek:

(j.k. of course)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Just don't bump into me when im asleep on your floor:eek:

(j.k. of course)
    No, I'll probably tramp and fall and break a few of your ribs.

ReputationRep:
    giving him oral pleasure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    giving him oral pleasure?
    Aha, but the question is, will he kiss it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Aha, but the question is, will he kiss it?
    The answer is NO!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.