Open Days Watch

This discussion is closed.
LoopyLass
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i know theres been a few threads about this, but i cant find them
im going to leeds met open day tomorrow, what should i wear? :confused: ive got an unconditional offer, and theres no interview, so can i get away with jeans and trainers (without looking scruffy)? or do i still have to wear something semi-formal to make a good impression?

and while im at it.. ive got a 'selection day' at huddersfield soon, so its like an open day with an interview from what i can gather. will trousers, some form of shoes and a plain-ish top do? :confused:

thanks
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Jeans will be fine for the informal open day And your outfit for huddersfield sounds good too!
LoopyLass
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Chardonnay)
Jeans will be fine for the informal open day And your outfit for huddersfield sounds good too!
phew.. ive got nothing else to wear!
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just wore my standard clothes at my open days/interviews. If they don't want to take me based on my appearance then that's their problem!
I'd rather my university professors be focused on academia rather than fashion.
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Gaz031)
I just wore my standard clothes at my open days/interviews. If they don't want to take me based on my appearance then that's their problem!
I'd rather my university professors be focused on academia rather than fashion.
It doesn't hurt to look smart ish for an interview though!
Sian01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It doesn't hurt to look smart ish for an interview though!
*Goes way off topic* Chardonnay, my firm is Bristol too..yay! What accomodation are you looking at?
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Doolally)
*Goes way off topic* Chardonnay, my firm is Bristol too..yay! What accomodation are you looking at?
Hehe! :hello: I'm not sure yet - I'd rather be in Clifton, and I do love Goldney but I doubt I'll get in! Maybe Manor or Wills? How about you?
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hehe! :hello: I'm not sure yet - I'd rather be in Clifton, and I do love Goldney but I doubt I'll get in! Maybe Manor or Wills? How about you?
Be warned, if you put Goldney as first choice, there's little point in putting "Wills" as a second choice. Wills is about as competitive as goldney and only consider 'first choice' applications.
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Be warned, if you put Goldney as first choice, there's little point in putting "Wills" as a second choice. Wills is about as competitive as goldney and only consider 'first choice' applications.
Ok, thanks for the heads up!
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LoopyLass)
i know theres been a few threads about this, but i cant find them
im going to leeds met open day tomorrow, what should i wear? :confused: ive got an unconditional offer, and theres no interview, so can i get away with jeans and trainers (without looking scruffy)? or do i still have to wear something semi-formal to make a good impression?

and while im at it.. ive got a 'selection day' at huddersfield soon, so its like an open day with an interview from what i can gather. will trousers, some form of shoes and a plain-ish top do? :confused:

thanks
You can wear anything you want as it's just an open day.

As for the huddersfield open day, wear something semi formal (e.g. shirt and black trousers and black shoes).

Enjoy your open days.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ok, thanks for the heads up!
Feel free to use me (as a bristol resource, of course ).
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Feel free to use me (as a bristol resource, of course ).
Hehe, oh I shall :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads