The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ariel4
a lot of places just put up the signs, but dont really follow it. ive seen it loads of bars and supermarkets, but i have very rarely been asked for id in these places, even though i there is no way that i look 21.
well apparently I look about 24 yet when I went to buy cigs the other day I got asked for ID! So I gave him my student card and he wouldn't accept it! I went into a rant about what kid did he know who was 15 and at uni. Then I showed him my engagement ring and said if I'm not over 16 then its illegal. And all he kept saying was 'sorry no passport'. Tell me who brings their passport to the corner shop?? I was very very annoyed. :mad:
Reply 21
sounds like a good idea
I'll try that next time
Reply 22
The birthday thing works- when I turned 18 I went on a "rites of passage" trip, bought alcohol, an 18 DVD, all that kind of thing, and I didn't get IDed once.. I guess the fact I was carrying all my presents helped :biggrin:
if you were female you could just wear a really low cut top!! :rolleyes: works for me :biggrin:
Reply 24
caffecooki
if you were female you could just wear a really low cut top!! :rolleyes: works for me :biggrin:

What if shes lacking in the tit department?
Fake ID does not work :rolleyes: you have to have driving license or a passport. I'm fine for ID because I use my sister's (she's 20 and we look identical) but my friends have difficulty getting in places.

Usually there is no way of getting round it. Don't know about other places but around London you just can't get in without ID, even if you pretend to be celebrating a birthday! The only way we get round it is going to places really early before the bouncers come on the door. Then people with ID go to the bar to buy the drinks.
Reply 26
hit on them then get punched, or just show some id being confedet and they dont really look at the smallprint
Flutter my eyelashes, show a bit of cleavage and say my lesbian lover's inside waiting on me.
Reply 28
need_money
Flutter my eyelashes, show a bit of cleavage and say my lesbian lover's inside waiting on me.

Think you ought to join my Lesbian Society!
ramroff
Think you ought to join my Lesbian Society!

Hehe aye, right then. :wink: :p:
Reply 31
amo1
hit on them then get punched, or just show some id being confedet and they dont really look at the smallprint

they look at the date...
My mate at 19 got ID'd... trying to buy a lottery ticket! LOL :biggrin: He was so angry, he started shouting "WHAT?!?!? Are you saying I look 15??". To be fair, he is quite babyfaced for a 20 year old.

Neh, I found for underage drinking, the best thing to do is look confident and give them a nod on the way past. I was never ID'd from 16 upwards, so I don't know what I'd have said if I actually was. I was tall and well built for a 16 year old, I passed for 21 more than once and 18 pretty much every week.

Also, grow a bit of stubble if you can. But not if it's patchy or fluffy. That's a dead giveaway.
Reply 33
mik1w
they look at the date...

Not always... I've waved my passport at them and they've just let me through without looking before
Reply 34
F. Poste
Not always... I've waved my passport at them and they've just let me through without looking before

Do you look ancient or anything?
bestdeceptions
Fake ID does not work :rolleyes: you have to have driving license or a passport. I'm fine for ID because I use my sister's (she's 20 and we look identical) but my friends have difficulty getting in places.

Usually there is no way of getting round it. Don't know about other places but around London you just can't get in without ID, even if you pretend to be celebrating a birthday! The only way we get round it is going to places really early before the bouncers come on the door. Then people with ID go to the bar to buy the drinks.

In rubbishy small town clubs, fake ID does work. That is - they know it's fake and don't care. There's some sort of clause that says if a person is drinking underage but using a fake ID, the responsibility lies with them (or possibly their guardian?) and not the licence holder. In a decently sized city however, most clubs get enough people in anyway so they won't let in younger-looking people without 'proper' photo ID, i.e. full driving licence or passport. Most places I go won't take provisional licences etc.

Another tip: if you're male, try to have at least as many girls in your group as guys. Some clubs later on in the evening won't let in a group of males (or a male-heavy group) full stop, ID or not, regardless of age.
F. Poste

If they ID a group and the first few are old enough, they rarely bother with the rest so long as the look like they're old enough and might have ID. Sometimes I don't even get my ID out of my wallet before they let me in... so long as they see I'm trying to show some. I guess they assume if you have it, it's valid.
its true about the samll towns and fak id i live in a small town in cornwall and showed the bouncers my college id which had be changed using tranfers they let me in because i was a girl.the low cut top idea also works a treat lol
also if you go out with someone that is 18 its better i went out with my mate and she knew the bouncers if you act confident introduce yourself or talk to them they are more relaxed dunno bout cities tho i am just a country girl!
Toy Soldier
My mate at 19 got ID'd... trying to buy a lottery ticket! LOL :biggrin: He was so angry, he started shouting "WHAT?!?!? Are you saying I look 15??". To be fair, he is quite babyfaced for a 20 year old.

Neh, I found for underage drinking, the best thing to do is look confident and give them a nod on the way past. I was never ID'd from 16 upwards, so I don't know what I'd have said if I actually was. I was tall and well built for a 16 year old, I passed for 21 more than once and 18 pretty much every week.

Also, grow a bit of stubble if you can. But not if it's patchy or fluffy. That's a dead giveaway.

My mate whos 14 went into Asda one day and went to the counter with a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and the woman asked her how old she was and she said 21 and she believed her! :eek:

I got ID'd trying to buy fags once. I was in my school uniform and it was during lunchtime. The guy looked at my clothes and went "Are you at school?" and i said "Aye but i'm 16" and he goes "you sure? You wouldn't lie to me would you darlin?" and i said "Nope" and flashed a smile and he served me. :biggrin:
Reply 39
ramroff
Do you look ancient or anything?

No..

Latest

Trending

Trending