Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
This is a bit embarrassing, but I have a short frenulum (the bit that connects the foreskin to the penis). It's not too severe (I can just get the foreskin over the head), but I can't retract it fully.

I'm pretty shy about this, so I was wondering whether there was any point going to a GP (as I really don't want to if it's not going to be). Are there any treatments you can have for it?

Also, is it even really worth bothering about? Would I be missing out on much if I have a short frenulum?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Astrild
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Um, i guess you can have a circumcision? :eek:

I had a boyfriend with a tight foreskin, but he never went to the doctors, so not much help there...Im sure there are probably things they can help you with - to ensure you can clean it properly and the like? I would go to your doctor.
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
never does any harm going to the GP and getting their advice
surreal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it is Phimosis circumcision is the answer.
snipex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by surreal)
That's the sort of sticking of foreskin to head, isn't it? if so, mine cleared off by the time I was 16, with no intervention. it's not needed.
QuantumTheory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You can get a cream that will stretch it from the doc, it's seriously better sorted out now than bleeding loads having sex. Yeuck.
They won't tell your parents, and you can ask for a male. And don't forget, they've seen it all before.
username239687
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Steroid cream and stretching will fix it in 90% of cases. I managed without the cream however.

Circumcision is always a last resort.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by QuantumTheory)
You can get a cream that will stretch it from the doc, it's seriously better sorted out now than bleeding loads having sex. Yeuck.
They won't tell your parents, and you can ask for a male. And don't forget, they've seen it all before.
OK, thanks.
QuantumTheory
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good luck
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
I'm in a very similar position to you OP. However, my dad is a GP, so it's easier for me. (I'd recommend you go by the way). Anyway, they can give creams if they feel that's all it needs. Also, before circumcision, you can have minor surgery, which may, erm, loosen (?) it slightly, in order for there to be ease in pulling back.
Make sure you do go to the GP though, as it's very important to be able to retract fully, mainly for hygenic reasons.
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
Ooops, made that unclear ^^

I meant "Before they think about circumcision you can have minor surgery
QuantumTheory
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, the surgery's only under local anesthetic, you're awake the whole time, in and out in 2 hours, and they just... Snip it a little.

I feel like the font of all frenul-knowledge now
Anonymous #1
Thanks guys.

I definitely feel a lot better about going to see my GP now, I'll probably go next week.

Thanks a lot, you've really made a difference.
Sitbh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it's a fremulum breve. i've had this. there are 3 options. steroid creams, a frenulum operation (they cut the frenulum and stitch it back up to make it longer) - which is what i had done and worked perfectly. or a circumcision . pm me if you have any questions
Anonymous #1
Oh wow, seems it isn't as uncommon as I feared.

Good to know that there's a lot of options open though (as painful as penis surgery sounds).
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by surreal)
As a last resort... search Phimosis on the TSR Wiki.
Sitbh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh wow, seems it isn't as uncommon as I feared.

Good to know that there's a lot of options open though (as painful as penis surgery sounds).
i underwent it, and was no sweat during the actual procedure. totally numb down there, cant see a thing. its afterwards thats bad. they put disolvable stitches in, and you pretty much cant touch your wazoo for a week or two except to change bandages (which can end in a fair amount of blood coming out lol).

but overall, 100% worth it. so much happier and confident.
username239687
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sitbh)
i underwent it, and was no sweat during the actual procedure. totally numb down there, cant see a thing. its afterwards thats bad. they put disolvable stitches in, and you pretty much cant touch your wazoo for a week or two except to change bandages (which can end in a fair amount of blood coming out lol).

but overall, 100% worth it. so much happier and confident.
Yea before I stretched I wanted this, but stretching worked fine for me - although was quite...erm...intense at times. I couldn't face the pain after though :no:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sitbh)
it's a fremulum breve. i've had this. there are 3 options. steroid creams, a frenulum operation (they cut the frenulum and stitch it back up to make it longer) - which is what i had done and worked perfectly. or a circumcision . pm me if you have any questions
pain? :eek:
godexists1234
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
basically, stretch it
its taken me a year, but i did it slowly
i went from never pulled back to fully over the head with an errection
although i could still stretch it further im still going
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads