The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i use my cousins.
basically if (I say if because most of the time they will just give it back and tell you to clear off if they dont believe it) they do give to the police all your mate has to do is say he didnt know you had it and that he must have left it at your house by mistake or something
as long as you dont look completely different then you should be fine
Reply 2
Loads of people i know have used other peoples ID, and none of them have been caught. I wouldnt say that any of them look like each other either. But personally, i wouldnt risk it.
You know you could change the DOB on your passport so that it show's you're 18. It's been working great for me the past few weeks.
Reply 4
I know loads of people who get away with it all the time, but then the other weekend my friend (who uses her sisters id) spent a couple of hours being questioned by police and got told she'd be charged if it happened again. I don't think there were any repercussions for her sister though.
Reply 5
Your mate could have lost it and someone picked it up, as long he doesn't admit to lending it you but just say he lost it he shouldn't get charged.
Make sure you learn EVERYTHING on the ID. Also learn the signiture Ive been asked to sign to prove its my ID. If its a passpot know all dates of holidays on the stamps and his next of kin on back page

But bouncers are not stupid if it doesnt look like you they wont accept it

x
I wouldn't do it tbh, don't think it's worth it. You're 17, you've only got a few months to wait ffs. Why risk it? :rolleyes: It's not that long you know.
Reply 7
My boyfriend used to always use his mate's ID but had it taken off him once. It wasn't given to the police, but his friend had to go and collect it from the club the next day.
Reply 8
DaveParlour
You know you could change the DOB on your passport so that it show's you're 18. It's been working great for me the past few weeks.

How did you manage that?
Reply 9
DaveParlour

how the hell do you do that?!?!
Reply 10
tis too easy, they always just turn you away if worst comes to worst, never heard of anyone gettin taking to cops for using a mates idea round here...

and dave parlour, altering your age on your passport? just changing the year with a pen?
Why not just wait till you're 18?

Anyway I know people who have gotten away with it. My friend wanted to borrow mine once when she was 17 and and we look nothing alike she din't get in though.
Reply 12
Errr, most bouncers just tend to look at the date of birth to be honest. My friend used a Chinese girl's I.D she found off the floor... and they didn't think twice about letting her in, my mate's not even Chinese.
Reply 13
Most do not even give it a second glance. If they do then just say it is a old photo.

I used my brothers all the time when I was 16 - 18.
More likely the person using it would be dealt with. If you're found in possession of an official ID document not your own then you are likely to be arrested for theft. You may also be committing ID card offences and possibly fraud. However, not than I'm condoning it, if you behave and don't come to the attention of the police then you are not likely to be searched...
DaveParlour

It amazes me the risks people will take to get a bit of alcohol..
Reply 16
I dunno, I used to do it all the time with using my friends who, I don't think looks like me and it worked everywhere. (I'm 18 now)

But the other day my ID was confiscated and I thought the girl looked like me a lot. They are getting stricter, be careful. They aren't doing anything about it (police wise) but they might start to in the future as its fraud. and an arse to get back.

Girl on the right is me, girl in the middle borrowed my ID, it got confiscated.

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2129/175/59/510157750/n510157750_1784041_4292.jpg
can't be bothered to quote everyone, I simply printed off a 0 in the same font and size as the passport, cut it out and stuck it on over the 1 in 1991 with a tiny bit of selotape. Obviously i did it to a decent standard, and it's been working great. It even stood up to someone shining the little blue light on it for about ten seconds. It helps that I'm 6'4" so they don't look too closely most of the time.

Best bit of all is that if you need to use it properly to go on holiday you can just take the selotape off and there's nothing permanent unlike using a pen.
Jozaphinee
I dunno, I used to do it all the time with using my friends who, I don't think looks like me and it worked everywhere. (I'm 18 now)

But the other day my ID was confiscated and I thought the girl looked like me a lot. They are getting stricter, be careful. They aren't doing anything about it (police wise) but they might start to in the future as its fraud. and an arse to get back.

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2129/175/59/510157750/n510157750_1784041_4292.jpg

Apart from similar hair you look completely different, particularly the cheekbones and the nose.
Jozaphinee

That's harsh, did she say the wrong name or something?