This discussion is closed.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ClosetGinger)
nose hurts way more
It didn't really hurt for me but maybe I was just being brave! My eye watered. Because they do it with a needle there are two stages rather than just a quick gun piercing. The healing is a bit more awkward with a nose piercing as well.
pissface
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
It didn't really hurt for me but maybe I was just being brave! My eye watered. Because they do it with a needle there are two stages rather than just a quick gun piercing. The healing is a bit more awkward with a nose piercing as well.
Thanks...But I'm still pretty scared. From the sounds of it, a gun isn't the way to go. What exactly do they do when they use a needle. :confused:
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AmericanChick)
Thanks...But I'm still pretty scared. From the sounds of it, a gun isn't the way to go. What exactly do they do when they use a needle. :confused:
Put the needle through the skin, and leave it in.
Get the stud and attach it to the end of the needle (or hold it next to it if this isn't possible)
push the needle out with the stud following straight after.

It's just so much safer then using a gun. There are many many things that go wrong with guns, they can't be cleaned for one, and the holes are never straight and rarely even.
www.bmezine.com has more info.
pissface
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luize)
Put the needle through the skin, and leave it in.
Get the stud and attach it to the end of the needle (or hold it next to it if this isn't possible)
push the needle out with the stud following straight after.

It's just so much safer then using a gun. There are many many things that go wrong with guns, they can't be cleaned for one, and the holes are never straight and rarely even.
www.bmezine.com has more info.
I dunno...It sound more painful to have them slowly put a needle through your ear.
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh it's not slowly at all.
With my Tragus, it was very fast, the whole procedure was over with in under 20 seconds, including getting a tiny ball onto the tiny ring. I now can get the damn thing off so it was put on well.

My nose was slightly different. The needle it bent and it was done by a different peircer. He talked to me about kids and silly things they get stuck up their nose and then the excuses they use throughout (After explaining the procedure) the actual needle took less than a second. The stud took a while on my nose because it is a circular curved back and it has to be at the right angle.

A needle peircing will heal much faster and is less likely to give you problems afterwards. A gun will cause more scarring and doesn't allow room for swelling enough. also the studs aren't hollow and so it's pushes the skin out of the way. BME goes into more detail.
But I have had both gun and needle...All my gun peircings have played up, the first set I had to take out as my ear was so swollen the backs of the earrings were getting a bit lost. And other sets I have started to get a reaction to the metal and so have had to change them after a few days (NOT recommended).
I am still yet to change any of the studs and rings in needle peirced holes, I just don't see the need to change them because I like the ones I have now and there are no problems with them.
pissface
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luize)
Oh it's not slowly at all.
With my Tragus, it was very fast, the whole procedure was over with in under 20 seconds, including getting a tiny ball onto the tiny ring. I now can get the damn thing off so it was put on well.

My nose was slightly different. The needle it bent and it was done by a different peircer. He talked to me about kids and silly things they get stuck up their nose and then the excuses they use throughout (After explaining the procedure) the actual needle took less than a second. The stud took a while on my nose because it is a circular curved back and it has to be at the right angle.

A needle peircing will heal much faster and is less likely to give you problems afterwards. A gun will cause more scarring and doesn't allow room for swelling enough. also the studs aren't hollow and so it's pushes the skin out of the way. BME goes into more detail.
But I have had both gun and needle...All my gun peircings have played up, the first set I had to take out as my ear was so swollen the backs of the earrings were getting a bit lost. And other sets I have started to get a reaction to the metal and so have had to change them after a few days (NOT recommended).
I am still yet to change any of the studs and rings in needle peirced holes, I just don't see the need to change them because I like the ones I have now and there are no problems with them.
Hmm...I think I'll do that...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (77)
29.96%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.2%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.84%

Watched Threads