davidov
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Below are the predicted questions, if anyone has any good model answers lets have them
1. Compare Euro area growth of real GDP (Fig 1.3) with Euro area inflation (Fig 1.1) between January 1999 and January 2007. [6]
2. Analyse, using an AD/AS diagram how a fall in Spanish house prices will impact upon the macro-economy [9]
3. Comment of the significance of a rise in the Euro/Dollar exchange rate upon the German economy [10]
4. Discuss the importance of price stability, as laid out by the ECB, for the success of the Euro Area economy [15]
5. Does the Euro as a currency have a future? Discuss [20]
Murray Hewitt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
are these just practices questions or actually predicted for the exam?
thewait
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Murray Hewitt)
are these just practices questions or actually predicted for the exam?
Predicted for the exams am guessing.
isoldier
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
arent those the question on the back of the revision toolkit? but yh all see alright except the last one aint got a clue on how to start it. but my teacher was saying they could all ask a question based on italy, which is could it be better for italy to leave the eu or something.
Murray Hewitt
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
on the one hand im thinking consumer spending will fall, because of less consumer confidence as their houses are worth less, but on the other hand mortgages will be cheaper leaving more disposable income?

This is question 2
Ueline
Badges: 6
Report 12 years ago
Yes it's off the toolkit. But tbh, 3/5 questions are usually spot on with the actual exam.
indian_george_soros
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
why are all of you revising form the questions on the toolkit... the final exam will be different.. look at previous years.. they are always diffenret
Ueline
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by indian_george_soros)
why are all of you revising form the questions on the toolkit... the final exam will be different.. look at previous years.. they are always diffenret
Wrong.
2/3 out of 5 are practically the same, but worded differently.
davidov
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Okay i'm back, i think 1-3 are pretty easy and answers are pretty self explanatory. q4 the price stability is needed for investment as the future can be predicted (http://www.euro.fi/e/Suppea%20hintavakauspaketti.htm) all is answered in this link. Q5 i dont have a clue what to write for this?????
Ueline
Report 12 years ago
Evaluate the pros and cons of have the euro currency itself (eg.+ Increased price transparency and explain the effects on AD=C+I+G+(X-M), - Lose monetary policy powers and are forced to adopt 'one size fits all'.
Other than that I don't really know!
indian_george_soros
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ueline)
Wrong.
2/3 out of 5 are practically the same, but worded differently.
wow thats a big fractions 2/3/5
that will make it 10/3... so your telling me that the probability of the question appearing is 100% certain. lol i think not.
Ueline
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by indian_george_soros)
wow thats a big fractions 2/3/5
that will make it 10/3... so your telling me that the probability of the question appearing is 100% certain. lol i think not.
You are talking bs.
I'm saying TWO OR THREE out of the 5 questions on the toolkit are similar to the actual essay - just worded differently.
S001
Report 12 years ago
Hi there, has anyone got any sample answers as I am completely confused regarding how you would answer the questions. We haven't been taught a structure or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

S001
Murray Hewitt
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what is the best way to prepare for this kind of stuff?

I dont have the toolkit. Is it worth nailing all the AS material or focussing more on EU material?
Ueline
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Deipnosophist123)
Just out of interest Ueline - how certain are you of this? I ask because I'm very much relying on tutor2u's predictions being accurate haha
Mate, I am not certain at all - its impossible to predict what the questions will be. However, there is a high possibility that the questions on the tool kit will be similar so yes, make sure you do the mock.
Personally, I think the last question will be on whether or not It's worth joining the Euro for the UK (ie. evaluate pros and cons), or it may introduce something different like whether Italy should go back to the Lire from the Euro (the same concept applies).
Ueline
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Murray Hewitt)
what is the best way to prepare for this kind of stuff?

I dont have the toolkit. Is it worth nailing all the AS material or focussing more on EU material?
Yeah I would advise revising some of the key topics from AS, both micro and macro [ensure to learn AD=C+I+G+(X-M)]. Also learn about the role of the ECB (their website is good for this) and learn the convergence criteria. Learn the pros and cons of EMU, which links in with the pros and cons of the euro as a single currency itself. Learn about FDI aswell and its effects.
Obviously thats very brief but its a start.
Emmsiewoo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On some print uot off the OCR website our teacher has given us it mentions "impact of liberalisation of prices during transition" SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN??? : |
thewait
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ueline)
Yeah I would advise revising some of the key topics from AS, both micro and macro [ensure to learn AD=C+I+G+(X-M)]. Also learn about the role of the ECB (their website is good for this) and learn the convergence criteria. Learn the pros and cons of EMU, which links in with the pros and cons of the euro as a single currency itself. Learn about FDI aswell and its effects.
Obviously thats very brief but its a start.
What do you mean by EMU?
S001
Report 12 years ago
I don't understand the siginificance of Italy, why is it more likely to leave then the other countries. Great help if anyone can explain
Ueline
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by thewait)
What do you mean by EMU?
European Monetary Union - research it on google.
or wiki it!:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economi...European_Union
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (4)
50%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (0)
0%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (1)
12.5%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (2)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (0)
0%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads