Turn on thread page Beta

anybody else thinking so much about uni that they could fail their A-levels? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered if anyone else was feeling like their going to fail their A-levels because their so pre-occupied with thinking about offers from uni and where were gonna stay when were their and if we'll make friends and stuff like that. It's hard to keep my mind on my really boring A-levels when i know what stuff i could be up to next year with all that freedom and no nagging parents around all the time, and i will be so so gutted if i do fail my A-levels coz as far as i'm concerned my life will be over coz there will be nothing to look forward to. Are there any people in the same boat as me? and are there any ways i can keep my mind on the present rather than thinking about what the future has to offer?

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand how you feel, it's exactly the same for me, I just can't wait to go now!! Quite worrying as I have to get AAA!!!

ReputationRep:
    yep. i only have to get BCC (presently have BBD - awaiting re sit of the D which shuld go up to a C) but i still dont think i can even get that, i just cant work- like now i have mocks next week and instead im on here!

ReputationRep:
    My motivation to do work for my A levels is, at the moment, zilch. I can't stop thinking about uni either...

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop thinking about which uni I will be going to etc.
    I need either ABB or BBC. Yet I don't do any work because I'm in silly daydreams, or panics. One minute I can't wait to go the next I'm having a Early Mid Life crisis, realising that I'm going to really be an adult in a few months.
    In fact right now I'm meant to be doing coursework. 11 bits to be completed and I am still procrastinating.

ReputationRep:
    I think these forums have alot to with it. I'm sitting here with my work in front of me, but i'm not actually doing it, i'm typing on here, about not doing, crap!

ReputationRep:
    ive missed so many lessons coz of open days! I proper messed up my mocks coz i "cudnt revise due my oxford inteviews"...

You'll probs see me next year..(having gone thru clearing) at Thames Valley

ReputationRep:
    It actually made me motivated even more to do my A-levels, as I know if I don't do well, I won't go to the uni I wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I only need ABB (after getting AAAAC for AS) and as such have the vague feeling that I might be getting too complacent for my own good. If I don't get ABB, then I am totally screwed.

I'm a bit worried, to be frank.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worrying so much about meeting my offer that I'll probably miss it through lack of concentration! Aaaargh!

ZarathustraX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nodmolecan40)
    I just wondered if anyone else was feeling like their going to fail their A-levels because their so pre-occupied with thinking about offers from uni and where were gonna stay when were their and if we'll make friends and stuff like that. It's hard to keep my mind on my really boring A-levels when i know what stuff i could be up to next year with all that freedom and no nagging parents around all the time, and i will be so so gutted if i do fail my A-levels coz as far as i'm concerned my life will be over coz there will be nothing to look forward to. Are there any people in the same boat as me? and are there any ways i can keep my mind on the present rather than thinking about what the future has to offer?
    My advice would be to enjoy your A-levels and time at home whilst you can. Yes uni is fun but there are also lots of downsides like having to do your cooking / laundry / cleaning / shopping etc etc etc, plus a huge workload. Also make the most of your friends at home before you all get split up.

ReputationRep:
    Eep I'm worrying about getting the grades, but its mainly the coursework that suffers (I hate coursework and it takes ages). I feel I can't do much knowing that results are out on thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    My advice would be to enjoy your A-levels and time at home whilst you can. Yes uni is fun but there are also lots of downsides like having to do your cooking / laundry / cleaning / shopping etc etc etc, plus a huge workload. Also make the most of your friends at home before you all get split up.
    sigh. I do most of that stuff now anyway. Maybe with the exception of cleaning..but then I clean whatever I use. Mums excuse is that it reassures her that I will be ok at uni...

ReputationRep:
    yep. And this bloody student room is one of the distractions!

ReputationRep:
    Offer is ABC but I'm really looking for AAA.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh enjoy your time at A-level as much as you can. I bloody loved sixth form - the last year of freedom and no work worries. To be brutally frank they ARE desperate to give ou marks at A-level now so there is no need to worry as long as you do a little bit of work. I am not insinuating that anyone is stupid. I just think a-levels are nowhere near as hard as people make out. Now a degree - thats another matter....

ReputationRep:
    yes. It doesn't help that Alevels are so DULL. I'm so bored all the time that I don't want to work, and think about university as a havan of not being bored.

ReputationRep:
    i totally know how u feel...i cant focus on revision/coursework/mocks at the moment coz i dont know where i want 2 go at the moment..ive even been having dreams about going 2 different unis lol although i think once ive chosen where im going i will be more motivated to get there

gotta get AAA for law at warwick/sheffield- no pressure then!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    After you have decided your firm and insurance, you won't think of uni that much. That is what happend to me though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would love to travel back 6 years ago to the start of my A-levels! Good memories!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.