Should I tell someone? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Luize
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do you live near him?
Could you walk to school or get the bus in with him?
I know it isn't going to solve the problem but it could reduce the risk, the less time behind the wheel while drunk the better.
lil_crazyflakes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
There is one person. Hes in love with another friend of ours and hes obsessed with her and shes partly the reason hes so depressed. If she said something it might work...
Maybe talk to her, and make sure she approaches it the right way or you risk making the situation worse x
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shadowkin)
If he's depressed, I don't think his behaviour is 'stupid'.
Cause it is. Would you say the guy who caused the Berks crash wasn't stupid?
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Thats really unfair on both of them to use her to manipulate his feelings though. Why his he so depressed over her inparticular?
I know but if shes the only person he'll listen to though... Hes depressed about her because he says hes in love with her but shes not interested in him in that way
shadowkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Surely it is when other peoples lives are at risk from it
I know, but calling it stupid is implying that there is no real reason for it. It's like calling suicidal thoughts stupid. They are more or less a 'cry for help'.
Monteferro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lil_crazyflakes)
Maybe spending some serious time talking over his problems and convince him that it's not all that bad would be the way around it. Although i know that's not as easy as it sounds HUG x
That sounds like a good Plan A... Try it for starters. If it doesn't work then I guess you'll have to report it. :|
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know but if shes the only person he'll listen to though... Hes depressed about her because he says hes in love with her but shes not interested in him in that way
I would suggest leaving her out of it. Its not fair o her to get involved and he may possibly construe the concern as something more.
Vixen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luize)
Do you live near him?
Could you walk to school or get the bus in with him?
I know it isn't going to solve the problem but it could reduce the risk, the less time behind the wheel while drunk the better.
He lives out in the country...about half an hours drive from school whereas I live about a fifteen minutes walk away. So basically he has to drive to school....
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shadowkin)
I know, but calling it stupid is implying that there is no real reason for it. It's like calling suicidal thoughts stupid. They are more or less a 'cry for help'.
I'm saying that is behaviour is stupid yes. there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for drink driving. It is so stupid.
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He lives out in the country...about half an hours drive from school whereas I live about a fifteen minutes walk away. So basically he has to drive to school....
Can you not arrange a night for him to stay at yours? Make it a weekly friends night, have fun and remind him why he has every reason to be happy.
It should make him feel wanted and also stop him from driving for one day.
Vixen
Rep:
?
(Original post by frost105)
I'm saying that is behaviour is stupid yes. there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for drink driving. It is so stupid.
Yeh, I agree. Suicidal thoughts are different. Drink driving is stupid because you are more than likey to injure or kill somebody else who has nothing to do with it.
lil_crazyflakes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
Can you not arrange a night for him to stay at yours? Make it a weekly friends night, have fun and remind him why he has every reason to be happy.
Good idea
Vixen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luize)
Yeh, thats quite a good idea. He feels like he hasnt got many people to talk to or many people that he feels close with so that might help the root of the problem.
shadowkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh, I agree. Suicidal thoughts are different. Drink driving is stupid because you are more than likey to injure or kill somebody else who has nothing to do with it.
I see what your saying, but his thoughts are pretty irrational if he is depressed in the first place.

maybe I should shut up now.
lil_crazyflakes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh, thats quite a good idea. He feels like he hasnt got many people to talk to or many people that he feels close with so that might help the root of the problem.
Yeh if you manage to form a close circle of friends with him in it it would make him feel wanted, and as if people care. I think that's what he really needs, and also to feel someone understands.
Vixen
Rep:
?
(Original post by lil_crazyflakes)
Yeh if you manage to form a close circle of friends with him in it it would make him feel wanted, and as if people care. I think that's what he really needs, and also to feel someone understands.
Yeh you are right. I will try that. Should i mention anything at all to head of 6th form? Coz its not like they will just be aware and keep an eye on him they will probly kick him out for getting drunk at school as he also has poor attendance
lil_crazyflakes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would use that as a last resort, try the other suggestions first, as getting him kicked out of sixth form is really not going to make things better x Good Luck x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads