This discussion is closed.
Brutus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Fill in

1.................releases histamine inflammatory reactions

2.................increases during allergic reactions.

3.................increases in number during prolonged infections.

4.Ann claims that Tim is the father of her child .Ann`s blood type is O negative.Her baby boy has type A Positive blood.Tim`s blood type is found to be B positive.Could he be the father of her child?......If not,what blood type would the father be sxpected to have?....
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i thin kthe first one is basophil, not too sure.
dinesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
1 ) Mast cells
For the last I would think something along the lines of antibodies or B cells specifc to that infection ( plasma cells)
For 2, Histamine?
at least lara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
4. the answer is no and the father should have A positive blood (o is recessive)
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.hon.ch/Library/Theme/Alle.../basophil.html

Basophil
Granular Leukocyte
A type of leukocyte (white blood cell), also called a granular leukocyte, filled with granules of toxic chemicals, that can digest micro-organisms. Basophils are responsible for the symptoms of allergy. Despite similarities, basophils appear to be a distinct cell type from mast cells .

Basophils are derived from bone marrow progenitors (psc) and contain granules that bind basic dyes. They are capable of synthesizing many of the same mediators as mast cells . Both express the same high affinity for Fce receptors (FceRI) and can be triggered by antigen binding to IgE . Basophils, like other inflammatory granulocytes , enter tissues only when they are recruited into inflammatory sites. Basophils, like neutrophils , express a number of adhesion molecules important for homing, such as LFA-1 (CD11aCD18), Mac-1 (CD11bCD18) and CD44.

When basophils are triggered, they release two kinds of mediators :

1. Preformed granule-associated mediators such as histamine , serotonin , bradykinin , heparin , cytokines .
2. Newly-generated mediators , prostaglandins and leukotrienes , made from arachidonic acid in surrounding tissues.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise