The Student Room Group

People putting photos of their kids on Facebook

I can't believe how many of my friends have uploaded photos of their kids(some of them only in nappies/not wearing much) on facebook! Does anyone else find people who do this a bit creepy? for one thing, any weirdo could get hold of pics like that and it's not as if young kids can really give their consent either. I would be absolutely mortified if my mum has put photos of me as a kid all over the internet for everyone to see. personally i think baby pics and the like should be kept strictly for family photo albums only. i don't know what other peoples views are?

Scroll to see replies

People are proud of their cute little kids. Most profiles are on private anyway so :dontknow: It's the parent's choice.
Reply 2
I wouldn't care.
Reply 3
What are you saying? That there are paedos up and down the country cracking one off to these pictures????
It's just asking for child rapists.
Reply 5
They are obviously party of an elaborate paedophile ring network.
pollystyrene07
I can't believe how many of my friends have uploaded photos of their kids(some of them only in nappies/not wearing much) on facebook! Does anyone else find people who do this a bit creepy? for one thing, any weirdo could get hold of pics like that and it's not as if young kids can really give their consent either. I would be absolutely mortified if my mum has put photos of me as a kid all over the internet for everyone to see. personally i think baby pics and the like should be kept strictly for family photo albums only. i don't know what other peoples views are?

couldnt agree more, why would they do it? its a peados dream
If the profile is friends only then why would it be a problem? :dontknow:

Surely it's a good way of showing relatives/friends who live far away what the kids look like, they grow so fast.
Aack
What are you saying? That there are paedos up and down the country cracking one off to these pictures????

there could be for all we know! i'm sure that there are a lot of strange people out there.

the thing is, kids can't give their consent. how would you feel if your parents had uploaded pics of you as a kid in a nappy with chocolate all over your face, and say you're friends from school got hold of them and started taunting you? wouldn't you feel a little bit humiliated?
Reply 9
mmmmmmmmmmmm nappy rash *yum*
Reply 10
I don't see what the big problem is at all. I have my baby pics posted online; my Mum has pictures of my siblings online, and if I ever had a child of my own I'd want to show them off in the same way.
pollystyrene07

I totally agree with you! Even if they are set to private who knows what tricks people have up their sleeves?
! It's weirdest when they put pics of them having baths up...
Reply 12
on a public profile i would find it a bit weird yeah...
cpj1987
I don't see what the big problem is at all. I have my baby pics posted online; my Mum has pictures of my siblings online, and if I ever had a child of my own I'd want to show them off in the same way.

how do you know that your kids would want that though? they can't exactly de-tag themselves from embarassing photos like we can. surely you should wait until their older and are actually aware that all of your friends will be able to see the photos before you upload them.
If you take your kid out I'm sure people are going to see them, so how is having pictures of them on the internet any different.
I personally don't think it matters, but if yur profiles private anyway, it won't make a difference.
Reply 15
pollystyrene07
how do you know that your kids would want that though? they can't exactly de-tag themselves from embarassing photos like we can. surely you should wait until their older and are actually aware that all of your friends will be able to see the photos before you upload them.

I don't know that they'd want it; but when they were old enough for it to bother them, I'd take the pictures off at their request.
I think it's somewhat conceited to fill your personal Facebook profile with photos of your children, assuming people are going to care. It's not creepy though.
Liquidus Zeromus
It's just asking for child rapists.

how exactly? whacking one out over kiddy pics and actually going and raping a child are two very different things - the first is hugely more prevalent than the latter.
Reply 18
I dont think its a problem, the privacy settings can be changed on pretty much everything on facebook. It's only an issue if they haven't changed privacy settings and are adding people that they dont know to their friends list
the world has gone mad

Latest

Trending

Trending