The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ZJuwelH
It is difficult, especially knowing I have to lie to people, not nice for someone so keen on the truth. Your dad is great to encourage open-mindedness in you, you don't get that with Bengalis much. It's always "I'm bigger than you, you listen to me", sometimes I feel like saying "Know your role AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"
Yeah Islam is stupid with its contradictions, "We treat women as equals to men, but no women can be in the same room as a man who isn't their husband or dad", so messed up. I was an atheist for a while before deciding I didn't care for God's existence either way, so agnostic it is.

Do you still believe in some higher power?
Reply 21
Adhsur
They'll have a heart attack if they find out! lol. I have no objections to all those things either. To be honest I'm pretty thankful I'm not a muslim considering all the problems they seem to be causing.

They will! It's my only hope, that they pass out before throwing me out. Or worse, sending me to Bangladesh to live with relatives. Nehiiiiiiiiii!!!
A lot of Muslims are brilliant people. Just not many round my ends.
Reply 22
ZJuwelH
It is difficult, especially knowing I have to lie to people, not nice for someone so keen on the truth. Your dad is great to encourage open-mindedness in you, you don't get that with Bengalis much. It's always "I'm bigger than you, you listen to me", sometimes I feel like saying "Know your role AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"
Yeah Islam is stupid with its contradictions, "We treat women as equals to men, but no women can be in the same room as a man who isn't their husband or dad", so messed up. I was an atheist for a while before deciding I didn't care for God's existence either way, so agnostic it is.

Hehehe yes I like the way you think!! We don't really have authority problems in our house - I talk to parents as friends and everything...it's so cool! As for the equality thing - yeah its one of the things I most despise about the religion! It turns women into mere puppets for mens' amusement....in fact, men are supposed to get a hundred virgin angels when they go to heaven or something! It's all greed. I think the most saintly people are non-religious because they do things out of the goodness of their hearts and not because they are scared of what their religion tells them.
Reply 23
ZJuwelH
They will! It's my only hope, that they pass out before throwing me out. Or worse, sending me to Bangladesh to live with relatives. Nehiiiiiiiiii!!!
A lot of Muslims are brilliant people. Just not many round my ends.

You could always live on the streets, with a brown paper bag, pretending you drink alcohol. :wink:
Reply 24
Bhaal85
Do you still believe in some higher power?

I don't really care. If there is, he ain't done squat for me. I am the master of my own destiny (soon as I leave home with my great job and own house, that's my plan to leave it all!)
Reply 25
Bhaal85
You could always live on the streets, with a brown paper bag, pretending you drink alcohol. :wink:

Now that would be the life!!! :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 26
Adhsur
Hehehe yes I like the way you think!! We don't really have authority problems in our house - I talk to parents as friends and everything...it's so cool! As for the equality thing - yeah its one of the things I most despise about the religion! It turns women into mere puppets for mens' amusement....in fact, men are supposed to get a hundred virgin angels if you go to heaven or something! It's all greed. I think the most saintly people are non-religious because they do things out of the goodness of their hearts and not because they are scared of what their religion tells them.

what are 'hundred virgin angels' are they like green gems? *hint *hint
Religion works by forcing beliefs upon people who are too young to formulate their beliefs independently. It's good to see people breaking free from this.
Reply 28
Bhaal85

No I couldn't. I won't consider it. Unless Chicken joins me :wink:
Reply 29
Bhaal85
what are 'hundred virgin angels' are they like green gems? *hint *hint

View your cp, deary! :wink:
Reply 30
ZJuwelH
No I couldn't. I won't consider it. Unless Chicken joins me :wink:

In your stomach? lol.
Reply 31
Adhsur
Hehehe yes I like the way you think!! We don't really have authority problems in our house - I talk to parents as friends and everything...it's so cool! As for the equality thing - yeah its one of the things I most despise about the religion! It turns women into mere puppets for mens' amusement....in fact, men are supposed to get a hundred virgin angels when they go to heaven or something! It's all greed. I think the most saintly people are non-religious because they do things out of the goodness of their hearts and not because they are scared of what their religion tells them.

You're so lucky Rush, you can talk to your folks on a level. I don't even talk to my family, just my kid sister if anyone.
I reckon religion was created by powerful old men to improve their power by putting themselves above women and children. Also designed to give stupid answers to questions that science has (at least semi-permanently) answered anyway. Look at the universe. Six days? I don't think so!
Religion messes people up, it just gives them a mandate to hate on everyone else. "I hate you because you're a Jew and I'm a Muslim", even though Islam supposedly encourages brotherhood and tolerance. The contradiction of Jihad gives a reason to all these Bin Ladens and everyone. It's stupid.
Reply 32
Adhsur
In your stomach? lol.

Or on it :p:D <raises eyebrows at Chicken flirtatiously>
Reply 33
ZJuwelH
You're so lucky Rush, you can talk to your folks on a level. I don't even talk to my family, just my kid sister if anyone.
I reckon religion was created by powerful old men to improve their power by putting themselves above women and children. Also designed to give stupid answers to questions that science has (at least semi-permanently) answered anyway. Look at the universe. Six days? I don't think so!
Religion messes people up, it just gives them a mandate to hate on everyone else. "I hate you because you're a Jew and I'm a Muslim", even though Islam supposedly encourages brotherhood and tolerance. The contradiction of Jihad gives a reason to all these Bin Ladens and everyone. It's stupid.

Oh absolutely!!! I agree.

Don't worry - your independence will be a welcome break!!
If the universe was created 6000 years ago then why are some galaxies more than 6000 light years away?
Reply 35
ZJuwelH
Or on it :p:D <raises eyebrows at Chicken flirtatiously>

Don't make me jealous :wink: lol.
Reply 36
Ralfskini
If the universe was created 6000 years ago then why are some galaxies more than 6000 light years away?

Light years measure distance not time.
Reply 37
Adhsur
Don't make me jealous :wink: lol.

hahahaha.......so I see we have converted you to the dark side. :biggrin:
Reply 38
ZJuwelH
I don't really care. If there is, he ain't done squat for me. I am the master of my own destiny (soon as I leave home with my great job and own house, that's my plan to leave it all!)

*cila black impression*

'Juwel, you said you always wanted to meet God, well suprise, suprise, right now in the studios we have the one and only, God, all the way from heaven, would the audience please give a loud round of applause'
Reply 39
ZJuwelH
Light years measure distance not time.

Indeedy.

Latest

Trending

Trending