This discussion is closed.
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
lol! You started the post, awwww, sorry dude.
It matters not.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
3 posts and we're off topic, ah well, as long as it's providing a spot for some discussion I suppose
My fault Egan, very sorry about that!
Did you find the site on bored.com?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Ok, its your fault.
Egan1
Rep:
?
No, my sister discovered it by chance when searching for something unrelated.

Please continue as you were...
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ok, its your fault.
<hands up in guilt>
Egan1
Rep:
?
Ok, its your fault.
*sigh* Twasn't a complaint
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
My sister and I have just spent some time laughing over many amusing posts made to a site dedicated to childhood beliefs and misconceptions.

http://iusedtobelieve.com/
On the left there is a list of catergories, have a browse and post any you find particularly amusing if you wish to share them.

---

Anyway- I though I'd ask if any of you have had such experiences, whether it was a long standing misunderstanding, misconception or other...

It doesn't have to be from your childhood; -could be a song you'd misheard/sung or anything similar.

---
Enjoy the site if you have time to have a look,

Egan

My paren used to tell me that gay people were evil when I was a child and that mos of them are 'strangers' (paedophiles). And that I should never walk near or through parks or public toilets on my own or when it is dark (later realising that this was because of the stereotype of gay people using parks and toilets to have sexual relations with other gay people). :rolleyes: This stayed with me until I was old enough to realise it was utter nonsense.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
*sigh* Twasn't a complaint
Egan just oozes class in my opinion. Things like *tips hat* and *nods* and stuff. The avatar is great too, helps with the mental image although I understand you're female?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
No, my sister discovered it by chance when searching for something unrelated.

Please continue as you were...
Time for a bit o tumbleweed rolling across desert.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ....)
My paren used to tell me that gay people were evil when I was a child and that mos of them are 'strangers' (paedophiles). And that I should never walk near or through parks or public toilets on my own or when it is dark (later realising that this was because of the stereotype of gay people using parks and toilets to have sexual relations with other gay people). :rolleyes: This stayed with me until I was old enough to realise it was utter nonsense.
At least you realise it's nonsense-
wait should I take this seriously?
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Time for a bit o tumbleweed rolling across desert.
<sound of hollow church bells echoing in the night>
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
<sound of hollow church bells echoing in the night>
<sound of desolate winds blowing mysteriously throughout the night>

<sound of freshly lit fireworks exploding throughout the nation>
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Anyways.......I used to believe that Charlie and the chocolate factory was real, and that one day I would be able to drink the choclate river, eat the flowers, find the golden ticket and meet some oompa lumpas, but alas tis not true.
bumblebee86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Hehehe yes I like the way you think!! We don't really have authority problems in our house - I talk to parents as friends and everything...it's so cool! As for the equality thing - yeah its one of the things I most despise about the religion! It turns women into mere puppets for mens' amusement....in fact, men are supposed to get a hundred virgin angels when they go to heaven or something! It's all greed. I think the most saintly people are non-religious because they do things out of the goodness of their hearts and not because they are scared of what their religion tells them.
OMG man, I strongly agree with you on the last sentence. It's hard to get religious people to accept that point of view. They help others because God will like them for it or fear that God will sentence them to an eternity of hellfire. Now is this not vanity? Helping with the alterior motive of entering into heaven. Those who do it out of the goodness of their hearts, not out of fear of God are certainly those we should admire. It is good to know that others share my point of view. And if indeed there is a God, will he not love those who contributed with a pure heart..rather than attempting to sweet talk their way into heaven.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jndikum)
OMG man, I strongly agree with you on the last sentence. It's hard to get religious people to accept that point of view. They help others because God will like them for it or fear that God will sentence them to an eternity of hellfire. Now is this not vanity? Helping with the alterior motive of entering into heaven. Those who do it out of the goodness of their hearts, not out of fear of God are certainly those we should admire. It is good to know that others share my point of view.
Thirded (if yours is a second).
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Anyways.......I used to believe that Charlie and the chocolate factory was real, and that one day I would be able to drink the choclate river, eat the flowers, find the golden ticket and meet some oompa lumpas, but alas tis not true.
That would have been quality!

Roald Dahl was a genius!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That would have been quality!

Roald Dahl was a genius!
Did you ever watch the BFG, wtf was that about?
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Did you ever watch the BFG, wtf was that about?
Yeah, that wasn't exactly the work of a genius.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Egan just oozes class in my opinion. Things like *tips hat* and *nods* and stuff. The avatar is great too, helps with the mental image although I understand you're female?
Indeed, though many have thought otherwise.
I'd be quite happy to be thought of as a male-ninja-esque person to be honest.

As for the...arg! Get out of the way! -Sorryb if there's mistypes etc- my cat has just jumped up infront of the monitor and keeps rubbing herself on the keyboard *strains for view of the screen*

That's sort of better, she's now lying infront of the monitor, so I have half of my page!

*pokes cat with pencil*
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Indeed, though many have thought otherwise.
I'd be quite happy to be thought of as a male-ninja-esque person to be honest.

As for the...arg! Get out of the way! -Sorryb if there's mistypes etc- my cat has just jumped up infront of the monitor and keeps rubbing herself on the keyboard *strains for view of the screen*

That's sort of better, she's now lying infront of the monitor, so I have half of my page!

*pokes cat with pencil*
what was all that about?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (207)
51.88%
No (192)
48.12%

Watched Threads