The Student Room Group

Ocr As Biology Practical

Hi,

I am doing the OCR AS biology practical and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips. It's on osmosis.

thanks
Reply 1
zee11
Hi,

I am doing the OCR AS biology practical and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips. It's on osmosis.

thanks

Just make sure you reads the instructions VERY carefully. And make sure that if there's any data to be collected, be as accurate as possible. Especially if it's the quantitative task.
Reply 2
Hi zee11.
I was just wondering how you actually found the practical if you've now taken it.
i.e Was it as hard as the specimen? Harder? etc
Thank you
(BTW, was your osmosis the quantitative practical, and is the evaluative on the same practical?)
Reply 3
oh! i found the practical ok. I mean we never did a specimen and this was my first time of actually doing a practical. Osmosis practical was quantitative, qualitative and evaluative, i would say to concentration most on the evaluative tast... it was the hardest. Anyway good luck.
zee11
Hi,

thanks

Read and follow the instructions to the letter label everything, clearly. My friend did two specimens and put them in the same beaker, forgetting to label them '1' and '2'. Even though they were the same concentration it still caused her problems when it came to weighing them afterwards...:rolleyes:
Reply 5
what sort of things are tested on quantitative paper ? what do you need to know ? HELP.......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending