Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has got the Cambridge interview date, who hasn't?
    I applied natural science at Cambridge, the interviews are always from mid Nov to end of Dec. I haven't received any information about the interview date notice from Cambridge, I'm worried about it, anyone who can help me??

(Original post by matthew0421)
    Anyone who has got the Cambridge interview date, who hasn't?
    I applied natural science at Cambridge, the interviews are always from mid Nov to end of Dec. I haven't received any information about the interview date notice from Cambridge, I'm worried about it, anyone who can help me??
    Cambridge interviews usually start on Monday of 2nd week in December in which case they will start on 8th December this year. They have to kick undergraduates out of accommodation the weekend previous to free up their rooms for interviewees! I have heard that they have been inundated with applications this year and may have to cull the number of interviews by pre-selection process meaning that some will be weeded out and not get an interview before rejection - but that's not happening this year, whew!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnregisteredP)
    Cambridge interviews usually start on Monday of 2nd week in December in which case they will start on 8th December this year. They have to kick undergraduates out of accommodation the weekend previous to free up their rooms for interviewees! I have heard that they have been inundated with applications this year and may have to cull the number of interviews by pre-selection process meaning that some will be weeded out and not get an interview before rejection - but that's not happening this year, whew!!

Thank you. But when they will let me know the date of my interview? Two weeks before interview?

Thank you. But when they will let me know the date of my interview? Two weeks before interview?
    You will not get much notice as they normally let you know when they give you informaion about interviews what week/s to keep free.

ReputationRep:
    I was told I'd get my actual date upto two weeks before my interview so there you go...

ReputationRep:
    You will not get much notice as they normally let you know when they give you informaion about interviews what week/s to keep free.
    so when is the deadline to receive the interview notice, otherwise, means I have been rejected?

so when is the deadline to receive the interview notice, otherwise, means I have been rejected?
    Have you heard anything from your college since your application went in? If not could be because of increase in number of applications means it's taking them longer to repy or else postal strike has delayed things. Provided you have good gcse's + teachers predictions are for good a-level grades you will in all likelihood get an interview.
    Why not ring the college and ask what's happening. They are usually friendly and will not bite your head off - remember you will not be the only one who is 'suffering' like this!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how long it takes Notingham uni to reply?

ReputationRep:
    Presumably they'd actually tell you if you'd been rejected, right?

I got my first notice a couple of weeks ago; it said I should expect info about exact dates sometime in November. And that it'll be sometime between the 8th and the 17th of December. Right in mock exam season, yay. (Not that I'm not excited.)

ReputationRep:
    You will get a letter, even if they will not offer you an interview

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard anything from your college since your application went in? If not could be because of increase in number of applications means it's taking them longer to repy or else postal strike has delayed things. Provided you have good gcse's + teachers predictions are for good a-level grades you will in all likelihood get an interview.
    Why not ring the college and ask what's happening. They are usually friendly and will not bite your head off - remember you will not be the only one who is 'suffering' like this!
    I applied Christ's college. On 17th,Oct,they sent me an additional form to fill in and asked me about the date I won't be free for interview. I post it back to them. But I haven't got any more information after that. Will I definetly be interviewed??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    You will get a letter, even if they will not offer you an interview
    After which date about if I still haven't got a letter, means I have been rejected?

ReputationRep:
    After which date about if I still haven't got a letter, means I have been rejected?
    There is no specific date, you'll have to wait until you get a letter, just be patient

ReputationRep:
    There is no specific date, you'll have to wait until you get a letter, just be patient
    Is it a good idea to phone them ask about my interview date?

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good idea to phone them ask about my interview date?
    IMHO, they're just going to tell you to wait until you get a letter.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, the Sending Back of the Form. Still haven't done it. This is going to be a repeat of the UCAS experience (sending it off minutes before the closing date, and then just knowing that the mail box you slipped your precious form into is going to be blown to shreds by a terrorist bomb). I wouldn't worry, though, it seems like everyone will find out about it fairly late.

ReputationRep:
    IMHO, they're just going to tell you to wait until you get a letter.
    some universities have asked me to attend the "open day AND interview" next month, must I go there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erika_johanna)
    Oh yes, the Sending Back of the Form. Still haven't done it. This is going to be a repeat of the UCAS experience (sending it off minutes before the closing date, and then just knowing that the mail box you slipped your precious form into is going to be blown to shreds by a terrorist bomb). I wouldn't worry, though, it seems like everyone will find out about it fairly late.
    ???? when will you send it??

ReputationRep:
    some universities have asked me to attend the "open day AND interview" next month, must I go there?
    Don't know, I'm going to the UMIST Maths open day and interview...

ReputationRep:
    matthew - the deadline is November 21st for the essay and the booklist (I'm applying for English), so...I'll probably do it this weekend. (Just to clarify - by form I mean all the little questionnairy things, plus the essay and booklist. God only knows why I choose to call that "form".)

I'm sure this is being discussed elsewhere, but are there really other universities replying this quickly?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.