Anyone who has got the Cambridge interview date, who hasn't?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Tina
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ive got int at cam on 10/11th dec
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
ive got int at cam on 10/11th dec
Well done to everyone how has got interviews and good luck!
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I can see Adhsur hasn't replied but anyway she has her date
erika_johanna
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
Another question: with the postal strike going on, would you say it's wise to send the questionnaires etc. by mail? Or d'you think I should call the college and ask about an alternate way of doing it?
kat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i thought you got told bout interview 2 wks b4 2 so that means we shud b told by the 24th november, so weve still got a good couple of wks 2 go!
Allotriophagy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have my Cambridge interview on the 11th of December. The general academic one is with a person whose name I can't even pronounce.

They've been very prompt getting all the letters sent out to me. All I need to do now is sit back and figure out a way to stop crapping myself.

a.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
I can see Adhsur hasn't replied but anyway she has her date
Oh oopsies! I didn't notice this thread.

Yes I have two cambridge interviews for philosophy at Clare college on the morning of the 12th December. And in the evening of the day earlier, a written test. *fingers crossed*
kat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Allotriophagy)
I have my Cambridge interview on the 11th of December. The general academic one is with a person whose name I can't even pronounce.

They've been very prompt getting all the letters sent out to me. All I need to do now is sit back and figure out a way to stop crapping myself.

a.
which collge is this for? i havn't heard anything yet, but i have only just sent off the written wk!
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

a.
Maybe some of us who have interviews on the same day and whose colleges are the same/close, should meet up for moral support!
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have an interview on 15th,16th or 17th of december but it hasnt yet been finalised.
Unregistered11
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

a.
Cambridge ARE very efficient in dealing with applications process. They have had 700+ years to perfect their procedures!
Allotriophagy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kat)
which collge is this for? i havn't heard anything yet, but i have only just sent off the written wk!
St.John's. Different colleges have different procedures for different courses - I don't have to submit any written work.

(Original post by Adhsur)
Maybe some of us who have interviews on the same day and whose colleges are the same/close, should meet up for moral support!
That's a good idea - I could do with the support, to be honest. Wonder how many people there are...I feel a new thread coming on.

a.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Definitely
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've yet to hear back from Trinity Hall about my interview. Other people that have applied to cambridge also haven't heard anything yet.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered11)
Cambridge ARE very efficient in dealing with applications process. They have had 700+ years to perfect their procedures!
But there's no way to perfect an applications procedure which has selection still largely based around one or two interviews and sometimes a short test... They can not be sure of picking the very best candidates and giving offers to only the people that deserve them.
Unregistered11
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by theone)
But there's no way to perfect an applications procedure which has selection still largely based around one or two interviews and sometimes a short test... They can not be sure of picking the very best candidates and giving offers to only the people that deserve them.
I was referring to administrative procedures only and the streamlining thereof. I did not voice any opinion on selection, that's another matter and maybe deserves a thread of it's own - if it hasn't been done before, which I'm sure it will have!
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That's a good idea - I could do with the support, to be honest. Wonder how many people there are...I feel a new thread coming on.
Yeah, the mods should make a sticky thread for it!!
saphenous
Report 17 years ago
Hi,
I am an overseas student who has applied to cambridge. I don't have interview dates yet. Need to make my ticket to england if I'm called for interview. Do u think they will give me at least two weeks notice--especially as an overseas student?
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by saphenous)
Hi,
I am an overseas student who has applied to cambridge. I don't have interview dates yet. Need to make my ticket to england if I'm called for interview. Do u think they will give me at least two weeks notice--especially as an overseas student?
You could well be interviewed by someone in your own country.
matthew0421
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by saphenous)
Hi,

where are you now? Some countries have Cambridge interview office in the capital cities.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (566)
50.27%
No (560)
49.73%

Watched Threads