Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Because you go insane and stab loads of people then buy guns and shoot up your neighbours because you have schizophrenia. Then you get hooked and then you die.

ReputationRep:
    Because of society's views on it.

Alcohol is legal and up there with Heroin in the list of drugs from most dangerous to least dangerous.

Nothing to do with what the drugs are. =)

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it, the people who go 'insane' as a result of smoking weed are people who have an underlying mental illness anyway.

There are millions of people who have a smoke in the comfort of their own home, never harm a soul and never have any mental problems at all.

If the government were to legalise it, they could tax it and control the selling and therefore take a lot of business from the gangs that run the major selling in this country anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron321)
    Not proven and people have to already have the mental illness in them to begin with.
    See, this is what i believe. If you are already mentally ill in some way, of course any drug such as weed is going to worsen things. People who take these things to "deal" with issues they have in life will face problems...others who take it purely for recreational reasons, wont have much issues i dont think. I know someone who has smoked this rubbish like normal cigerrates for over 20 years and they lead a normal bloody life....*touches wood, it will continue that way*
    Of course im not a scientist, but just going by what ive seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immz)
    The way I see it, the people who go 'insane' as a result of smoking weed are people who have an underlying mental illness anyway.

There are millions of people who have a smoke in the comfort of their own home, never harm a soul and never have any mental problems at all.

If the government were to legalise it, they could tax it and control the selling and therefore take a lot of business from the gangs that run the major selling in this country anyway.
    You might be right

They could tax it like cigarrettes and alcohol but they dont want to

They still tax it, through fines, raids and cigarrettes

Having some stoners and they make money, having too many and they fall

See my last post i explained things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodmer123)
    the stupid chav has gone and mugged someone, so lets just ignore his trolling, sorry if
    omg its true when i smoke I go on endless rampages across my town

**** off you ignorant toff ****.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.