This discussion is closed.
GTA
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Ram is dirt cheap, so its more important to consider the performance of both.
But i'd always suggest using athlon processors if you get the chance. They are alot better quality than pentiums, and do actually work to the spec's they give out.

My brothers got an Athln PC and yes it does seem to perform well, but i've heard they are more unstable than pentium chips.

DDR, SD RAM etc is dirt cheap but RD RAM is horribly expensive annoyingly. I wish I had gotten a DDR pc gah. My PC came with 128mb and I bought another 256mb (can't remeber how much but I think it was about £90 or something) so I wouldn't want to see it go to waste. I would like to use it if I upgrade if possible instead of shelling out for more ram. Gah
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by GTA)
My brothers got an Athln PC and yes it does seem to perform well, but i've heard they are more unstable than pentium chips.

DDR, SD RAM etc is dirt cheap but RD RAM is horribly expensive annoyingly. I wish I had gotten a DDR pc gah. My PC came with 128mb and I bought another 256mb (can't remeber how much but I think it was about £90 or something) so I wouldn't want to see it go to waste. I would like to use it if I upgrade if possible instead of shelling out for more ram. Gah
No, if anything they are more stable.
Well from my, and people i know's experience anyway.
You could probably sell on the ram, and still get enough to buy the same amount of DDR or SD RAM
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the next one is in 2005 apparently

ive got plenty of play still with the other 2 due to modding!

i run a 2800+ athlon and it runs gta like a dream
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (69)
53.08%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.69%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.77%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.38%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads