Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Buried in a decomposable coffin with no clothes so it is all nice a biodegradable. Or I may donate my body to be disected by medical students I am not sure yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i thought they did. I think that's what my parents told me when my aunt was cremated. They were just scooping up ashes from the floor and putting them in a box.

It's a rather more precise process than that. Perhaps you should read this page from the Cremation Society:

http://www.srgw.demon.co.uk/CremSoc/...tion/Know.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallthoms)
    I think the ashes that end up in the urn will be mostly your own, but I don't think that they go to great lengths to clean the ovens between cremations, so you might have a bit of company.

They're legally required to go to fairly great lengths to ensure the integrity of the ashes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svidrigailov)
    They're legally required to go to fairly great lengths to ensure the integrity of the ashes.
    That's quite reassuring.

Cremation actually looks quite exciting. I once saw a documentary where the coffins would travel along a conveyor belt and shoot into the oven at a high speed. Not that I'd be able to appreciate that when I'm dead, of course.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by lil penguin kid)
    cremated!!! could not stand the fact that maggots would be eating my insides if i was buried :puke:
    how would you get flies breedinh in your body if you were underground?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by randdom)
    Buried in a decomposable coffin with no clothes so it is all nice a biodegradable. Or I may donate my body to be disected by medical students I am not sure yet.
    ewwww have you SEEN that program on tv?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by puppy)
    No one answered my question; why do you care what happens to your body? You'll be dead, like you'll even know.
    because I would like to thake my families wishes into account

ReputationRep:
    I put cremated, but what I would really like is a Viking funeral. If you're gonna go, you may as well go out with a bang

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, i dont want to be eaten by maggots or burned... cremation seems so final, there is really nothing left of you, but being put in a box and buried doesnt sound so great either. I guess i'll just live forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    but your alien :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I want to be the first corpse to be sent into space!! I know I'll explode, but I'm dead so who cares

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know which one to choose, as when I'm dead, I'm not sure what method they would do when I die anyway.

If I have to choose one, I would be burried, because you will get a gravestone saying your name, date of death, picture, etc... along with the body burried under the ground. However, the bad thing is that maggots and other stuff in the ground will eat you. Don't really care as I'm dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    hm. I'm not sure. I guess if you're cremated you are DEFINATELY dead so you on't suddenly wake up in a coffin.
    I really fancy having my name wriiten somewhere though instaed of sitting on some shelf collecting dust.
    If you are really dead, it's not possible to suddenly wake up in a coffin.

Yeah, having a name on the tombstone is a good idea. However, it's quite expensive doing that unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    That's how I saw it when my grandma was cremated. ...cremation is so horrendous for those who watch the ceremony and think about it.

I don't think so. Burial is worse. Thinking about them burning vs. thinking about them after a few weeks of decomposition? I'd take the first option. I have a vivid imagination, and can't help picturing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Do you want to be buried or cremated when you die?
    where is the option for "half buried, half cremated"?

ReputationRep:
    cremated...after i saw that film...erm...oh god what was it :confused: buried alive or something :argh:

ReputationRep:
    Burial.

Cremation just seems way too extravagant and dramatic too be something that happens to me after I die therefore meaning that I can't see it. Maybe I could watch the cremation then die and then be buried?

ReputationRep:
    i think being buried is a nicer (if that's the word!!) idea but my worst fear is being buried alive! So obviously cremation sounds the safer idea as there is no chance of waking up in your coffin!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    i dont really care tbh, which ever is cheapest lol

ReputationRep:
    im gona have 2 be cremated (im hindu) and id rather not!! much rather be buried!!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.