Turn on thread page Beta

Come in if you have a post count of less than 1000 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks (sorry that was a little boastful bring that up again)

croques ~ ive not heard of that before

________________________________ ___

haha - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croque_Madame

ReputationRep:
    They're like fashion design drawings, very tall and slim models, unrealistically so...
    Ok, here's my igcse:

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh! i love that pink and black one. They're really good.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

they're much easier than real people cause they're just a few scribbles...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i suppose - still very impressed.

Actually reminds me of textiles class. You know how silly this is, but i used to feign indifference to textiles as its seen as a girly subject, when in fact i used to really enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    That is pretty silly :p:
    I never did textiles, dropped art as soon as I could cause I didn't take it seriously enough Regret it a little bit.

Can't you do some textiles now though? Join a course?

ReputationRep:
    I could i suppose, but I dont like 'art courses'. I did art at school and the whole concept seems to be self-defeating to me; I like art because I can expressmyself, and a chance to be creative. I dont want to be told waht to draw, have to analyse me work and do countless 'in the style of [artist]' pictures. I think art is a perfect hobby - and thats how i like it. Actually i have done some of those 'croque' picy thingies - thoug they wern't as good as yours

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean but the courses are usually good to teach you techniques and such, so you can learn how to do something before you pick just what you're going to do...
    Meh, I'm such a hypocrite, I've been meaning to take a still life drawing course for ages and never have...

ReputationRep:
    See I think that people don't even need be taught techniques. Experiment a bit

If people can draw - they can draw, and I just dont think if they cant draw you can teach them. Even more so with creativity - surely you just have it or dont? How can you teach it?

ReputationRep:
    I think this is what makes you either develop in the area or not, but I do think sometimes you need an initial push. Perhaps not with drawing because it's something most people will try but thinks that require a bit more of specific techniques like watercolours and the likes...
    Maybe that's just me, like I said, I didn't take art as seriously as I should and I'm not really that talented when it comes to actually sitting and drawing for real...

ReputationRep:
    No, yes I guess you are right. Esp with something like watercolours or oils it would help to have some guidance, even if it is just to speed the process up.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hello :hello:

ReputationRep:
    hi

ReputationRep:
    Yay CV how are you?

ReputationRep:
    im ok thanks, but i have an exam tomorrow:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    oh no don't worry i am having M ocks all this week! and they aren't all that bad after all i even had a real exam yesterday... and it was easy!

ReputationRep:
    aww your lucky

ReputationRep:
    yeah well i wound not of kept calm if it wasn't for everyone here ands you!

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Awww dont cry :hugs:
    it isn't that bad and i am sure you will do brilliantly!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.