Turn on thread page Beta

Come in if you have a post count of less than 1000 watch

ReputationRep:
    Thankfull I don't fear my dad. And now I don't respect him much either. If I wern't so polite and a pacifist I would have 'presented' the plate of food to him rather more forecully, perhaps to the face.

ReputationRep:
    probably better that you didn't or you wouldn't have had internet for a lot longer. I don't fear him as much now but he's just not normally there and now he is, due to being made redundant, it just gets on my nerves as he's constantly telling me to do things and to go to bed at 8 o'clock and things like that, but he's not there normally and so doesn't know the routine

ReputationRep:
    I really need to get out, away from my parents. Roll on Uni.

They keep making statments like 'this isn't a lodgings you know'. I wish.

Firstly, you don't have to apologise for that.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a bit harsh of him, yes. But parents are usually like that. My mum thinks she's always right just because "I'm your mother". I guess as parents they expect us to treat them with respect, but what they fail to realise, sometimes, is that we're not able to because of the very fact that they don't do the same to us. I mean, how can we do something we're not taught, right? Having said this, I still feel what you said at the end of the conversation is a bit harsh. I know he was being irrational, but he has his reasons, and sometimes they are beyond us as to what their reasons are. I'm sorry about what happened, Chris. I just hope things work out. Please don't let this affect you.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a year out before uni, but i don't think i could leave my bed behind its too nice and cosy!
    Have you applied? Where to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e11even)
    Firstly, you don't have to apologise for that.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a bit harsh of him, yes. But parents are usually like that. My mum thinks she's always right just because "I'm your mother". I guess as parents they expect us to treat them with respect, but what they fail to realise, sometimes, is that we're not able to because of the very fact that they don't do the same to us. I mean, how can we do something we're not taught, right? Having said this, I still feel what you said at the end of the conversation is a bit harsh. I know he was being irrational, but he has his reasons, and sometimes they are beyond us as to what their reasons are. I'm sorry about what happened, Chris. I just hope things work out. Please don't let this affect you.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paddington)
    I've got a year out before uni, but i don't think i could leave my bed behind its too nice and cosy!
    Have you applied? Where to?
    I've applied to do medicine; Imperial UCL and Leeds.

Are you doing something fun on your gap year?

ReputationRep:
    nope just working i think, maybee doing some local gov work and going out the America with any luck to do some work with the American Bureaucracy or congress

ReputationRep:
    You need to do something exciting. Working gap years suck bigtime, trust me. Go abroad or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    You need to do something exciting. Working gap years suck bigtime, trust me. Go abroad or something.
    done the abroad thing, went to italy and france for two weeks with a friend in nov, my bf wants to take me to America but i'm not sure, i would like to but i'm not sure i should be spending the money that i'm trying to earn before uni.

ReputationRep:
    I meant go and work abroad or something. Earn some cash at the same time! :p:

ReputationRep:
    abroad and work, they better speak english! my french is ok and the rest well, Latin can only get you so far but then i'm buggered!

well tatty bye peeps have a great day!

ReputationRep:
    bibi.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hello?

ReputationRep:
    boo!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    hi.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hey CV :wavey:

--------------

hey FIL :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    howdy!

ReputationRep:
    :ciao:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    how's everyone?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.