The Student Room Group
Fluent in Lies
Hehe well It's good you do have some appreciation, some people would just think "ewww bug". :p:

Well I'll tell you this though, if you start some sort of Mosquito Appreciation Society count me out!

I can't stand them and am at the moment looking for my little anti-itching tube
Oh yeah mosquitos are evil!!
Reply 33902
Dragonflies are like the hollywood flying insect, all smooth lines and space age technology. Bees are like the common man's insect. And they are specially made to get out of spider webs and what dragonfly can say that?
Yep. I'd take a picture of the two huge mostquito bite's I'm now sporting (one of them on my hand of all places :mad: ) but... I'm not that weird.

So, any other hobbies that don't include chasing around tiny creatures for a photograph? :p:
mute
Dragonflies are like the hollywood flying insect, all smooth lines and space age technology. Bees are like the common man's insect. And they are specially made to get out of spider webs and what dragonfly can say that?

Mute, I absolutely love "The Boy who blocked his own shot" :biggrin:

in your sig... not completely out of nowhere
Some spcs - Halictid sp - are quite cool, however genreally if I were going to go for Hymenoptera it would be wasps - they're much cooler.
Reply 33906
I just love Brand New (for the moment anyway :smile: ) I'm changing to a different song quote every week until I run out.
Natalie Lane
Yep. I'd take a picture of the two huge mostquito bite's I'm now sporting (one of them on my hand of all places :mad: ) but... I'm not that weird.

So, any other hobbies that don't include chasing around tiny creatures for a photograph? :p:

I do lots of sport
umm and chasing around larger creatures for a photograph :p:
Reply 33908
Wasps are like the Hollywood Bee :biggrin: OMG you are such an insect snob
mute
I just love Brand New (for the moment anyway :smile: ) I'm changing to a different song quote every week until I run out.

I'm usually not very into that type of music, but I can't help but like them too.

You should go for "Jude Law and Semester Abroad" next, what with this being an enlgish site and all :p:

FiL, what sort of sports? No volleyball I imagine :frown:
Why would I prefer anything less than the best? To do otherwise is contrary to logic.
Natalie Lane
I'm usually not very into that type of music, but I can't help but like them too.

You should go for "Jude Law and Semester Abroad" next, what with this being an enlgish site and all :p:

FiL, what sort of sports? No volleyball I imagine :frown:

Well regularly football, swimming, tennis, badminton and diving. Less often mountain biking, climbing skiing. Volleyball isn't that popular here :p:
Longer list than I'd imagine...
Football and diving are the only ones I actually know anything about - I tried skiing once and wasn't very successful. And if you're serious about diving you should go to this place called Fernando de Noronha, it's supposed to be amazing, but very expensive - I've been trying to get a fair deal on tickets for ages, but so far no such luck

You two seems to know a fair bit about bugs... *slowly edges to corner*
Reply 33913
diving like scuba, or acrobatic/ pool
I thought you did a lifeguarding course? How can you not know about swimming? :p:
mute
diving like scuba, or acrobatic/ pool

oh the latter, although I am qualified in the former too :smile:
Fluent in Lies
I thought you did a lifeguarding course? How can you not know about swimming? :p:

Lol, I was about 10, I know how to swim but not much more beyond that... I don't watch races or anything, unless it's the Olympic games and such :redface:

And check my edit about Fernando de Noronha (if you meant Scuba diving that is, I just assumed that was it)
I was talking about the other sort :p: my fault. But I scuba dive as well (well I have the qualification - I haven't been anywhere more excting than a lake in scotland and in florida)
Natalie Lane
Lol, I was about 10, I know how to swim but not much more beyond that... I don't watch races or anything, unless it's the Olympic games and such :redface:

And check my edit about Fernando de Noronha (if you meant Scuba diving that is, I just assumed that was it)

They let 10 year-olds be lifeguards!? :eek: :p:
Fluent in Lies
They let 10 year-olds be lifeguards!? :eek: :p:

No, it's like a summer program that's run by lifeguards so during our summer vacations lots of children would meet everyday at a certain point at the beach and take this little course and by the end we'd get a little diploma

It was fun.:biggrin:

Latest