Where in France are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    Oh, exciting! Skiing again?

Where in France are you going to?
    Yes skiing again.

We have a little house in sixt fer a cheval

ReputationRep:
    You have a house there? Then you must ski pretty often - lucky, I've only ever seen snow once

How long will you be gone for?

ReputationRep:
    Yes my aunt as a house there, I usually ski twice a year Aww, yes I am lucky you'll have to come over one time hehe, the house isn't used most of the year

Untill friday I am coming back for the subs meetup :p:

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine has a house in Courchevel (I think that's how you spell it) so I went there once. Do you really like skiing or is it some sort of family obligation thing? Not that I didn't enjoy it, I did, greatly, but doing it 2 times a year is different from once in a lifetime!

And now I'm doubly jealous, I (for obvious reasons) can't even think about going to this, or any other, meetup

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear :hugs:

I like skiing alot, although with family it can be a bore because (without trying to sound big-headed) I am much better than my family, so it can be a bit boring. But It will be good

ReputationRep:
    Is skiing easy to pick up? Never been, but would love to try it

ReputationRep:
    Can't you get an instructor to ski with you, someone who you might enjoy more - then again they're really expensive so it might not be much of a choice...

How big is your family? Lots of siblings?

Stop me if this starts sounding to much like an interrogation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    Err... coming from someone who only did it once and kind of recently I thought that it's not hard to ski, it's ridiculously hard to ski well though

Sort of like, it's not hard to kick a ball, but it isn't easy to play football... know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    I think most people find it not too hard to pick up the basics - its great fun - even when you are jsut a beginner though - you should try it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definately, you can ski, ie, go down a mountain, but not graceful, and probably fall on the way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I think most people find it not too hard to pick up the basics - its great fun - even when you are jsut a beginner though - you should try it!
    My parents keep talking about going away for Xmas and I keep saying 'lets go skiing', but they aren't having any of it, and keep telling me to go with friends; yeah when i'm a student...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    Can't you get an instructor to ski with you, someone who you might enjoy more - then again they're really expensive so it might not be much of a choice...

How big is your family? Lots of siblings?

Stop me if this starts sounding to much like an interrogation
    I could, but yes It's just the cost - I mean i do go off on my own - but again its not so much fun.

Well I live with just my parents and my brother and my aunt and uncle own the house. So usually it is just the 6 of use, and more recently without my parents as they have both got bad knees. This time it is just me and my aunt and uncle because my brother has become a lazy teenager who just watches tv all day.

ReputationRep:
    How old is your brother?

ReputationRep:
    Fourteen.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, not so much difference in age then, that's good, he can be company (when he isn't lazing around and watching tv that is), right?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.