Turn on thread page Beta

Come in if you have a post count of less than 1000 watch

ReputationRep:
    Ach, don't touch Ayn Rand she's awful!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't going to say anything lol. I've read Anthem by her.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I sort of liked it. I restarted the book at least a thousand times but once I got into it it went by pretty fast

ReputationRep:
    Isn't stuff crap? I hate stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    What about Borges? Read anything by him? I Borges
    I speak Spanish so I read a couple of poems from Borges in high school. But, i don't know, he's all about everything being better once life is over and life being pure suffering and suffering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David1989)
    I speak Spanish so I read a couple of poems from Borges in high school. But, i don't know, he's all about everything being better once life is over and life being pure suffering and suffering.
    Well I don't do poetry. But his short stories and essays are great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David1989)
    Like Drummond? (portuguese, not sure if you've read it, a bit similar apparently)

ReputationRep:
    Anyway - good chatting - I'm off to bed. Ni-night natalie, anycon et new arrivers.

ReputationRep:
    Night night :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Nats: How different is Portuguese from Spanish? Like the difference between German and Dutch, or German and English, or...?

lol Drummond. not a very Portuguese-sounding name.

Hen-iway: time for bedz. N-night evbody!

ReputationRep:
    No, actually kind of never heard of him. The only portuguese writer I've read is the one that wrote 'Essay on Blindness' (or whatever the translation is)

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Jimmy Eat World rock.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!!!!! I started listening to them by watching One Tree Hill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anycon)
    Nats: How different is Portuguese from Spanish? Like the difference between German and Dutch, or German and English, or...?

lol Drummond. not a very Portuguese-sounding name.

Hen-iway: time for bedz. N-night evbody!
    Well, it's not like German and English. They're both pretty similar, if you speak very slow spanish I can probably understand a bit but I would never claim to be a spanish-speaker. And besides, lots of words are the same but with completely different meanings... leading to a few possible embarrassing situations. I think if you get the older version of the two languages they'll probably be a bit more similar as quite a few spanish words make me think of arhcaic portuguese.

Right, night night :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Hello and good morning to this empty thread where I know I will not get a response as no-one is up/online at this absurd hour - 7am.
    Oh well - when you lazy good-for-nothings eventually come on, you'll be greeted with this message from me!!

Good morning! Have a great day!

ReputationRep:
    Morning everyone

ReputationRep:
    :hello:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    i am SO hungry!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm a little hungry too

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.