Turn on thread page Beta

Come in if you have a post count of less than 1000 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    What are you insinuating? :p:
    Well, you know, with the name and the attitude, people might just wonder :p:

When you're not in your flirty/horny time slot, of course...:p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like salmon - salmon steak, like grilled salmon. I just love it smoked. Tomoates are yummmmmy! We grow the nicest little cherry tomatoes in our greenhouse.
    You've got a greenhouse?
    I love cherry tomatoes - even more than normal ones cause it's so tangy but sweet too! I'm probably overanalysing the whole tomatoes issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    Well, you know, with the name and the attitude, people might just wonder :p:

When you're not in your flirty/horny time slot, of course...:p:
    I'll have you know I took that male/female brain test and I was well in the male section! :p:

ReputationRep:
    You've got a greenhouse?
    I love cherry tomatoes - even more than normal ones cause it's so tangy but sweet too! I'm probably overanalysing the whole tomatoes issues
    no-no, tomates are worth of a good analysis. Yeah! We grow lots of our own stuff, potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, carrotts. Apples, pears cherries (except when then squirrells eat them :mad: ).

I like getting a big tomato, chopping off the top and scooping out the inside, then you crack an egg into it, add some salt and pepper and cook it int he oven, take ito out, drizzle (cool word :p:) the tomato contents removed over the top and eat with some bread. yummy!

ReputationRep:
    no-no, tomates are worth of a good analysis. Yeah! We grow lots of our own stuff, potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, carrotts. Apples, pears cherries (except when then squirrells eat them :mad: ).

I like getting a big tomato, chopping off the top and scooping out the inside, then you crack an egg into it, add some salt and pepper and cook it int he oven, take ito out, drizzle (cool word :p:) the tomato contents removed over the top and eat with some bread. yummy!
    Wow, so healthy! For some reason that squirrells bit made me laugh hysterically, probably more than I should've.

I've got an admission: I hate potatoes! In any way, shape or form.

I'll try your tomato thing one day. I usually either eat it like an apple, like I did the other day, or I scoop the inside out and eat the rest with olive oil and salt. Mmmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I'll have you know I took that male/female brain test and I was well in the male section! :p:
    I never took that test, not sure if I want to know the results to be honest :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so healthy! For some reason that squirrells bit made me laugh hysterically, probably more than I should've.

I've got an admission: I hate potatoes! In any way, shape or form.

I'll try your tomato thing one day. I usually either eat it like an apple, like I did the other day, or I scoop the inside out and eat the rest with olive oil and salt. Mmmmmmmm
    Lol! Them pesky squirrells *shakes fist* :p:

Mmmmmm I like potatoes! Well, it depends what you are having them with. Rice is nice for some things and spaghetti for others. I'm not a big carbohydrate person, but I do love some nice thinly sliced potatoes with melted cheese.

Generally I just eat them like apples to, well specifically I nibble a little hole and then suck out the insides and then eat the rest

ReputationRep:
    I never took that test, not sure if I want to know the results to be honest :eek:
    hehe.

Oooh this word is cool:

chatoyant

adjective: varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles (Example: "Chatoyant (or shot) silk")

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Them pesky squirrells *shakes fist* :p:

Mmmmmm I like potatoes! Well, it depends what you are having them with. Rice is nice for some things and spaghetti for others. I'm not a big carbohydrate person, but I do love some nice thinly sliced potatoes with melted cheese.

Generally I just eat them like apples to, well specifically I nibble a little hole and then suck out the insides and then eat the rest
    Ok, "pesky" is going into my list of "Very British Things to Say"
    So far I've got:
    -innit
    -Cheers (bonus points for Cheerio)
    -mate
    -another one I can't remember

I love rice, especially with beans. It's why I'm always feeling guilty about excercise.

I'm gonna try and do the "suck out the insides" too, see if it works.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, "pesky" is going into my list of "Very British Things to Say"
    So far I've got:
    -innit
    -Cheers (bonus points for Cheerio)
    -mate
    -another one I can't remember

I love rice, especially with beans. It's why I'm always feeling guilty about excercise.

I'm gonna try and do the "suck out the insides" too, see if it works.
    'innit' 'mate' - ewwwwwww! I would never say those, or 'Cheers' (I might say Cheerio as a freindly goodbye)

Pesky doesn't belong on that list of ******* words!

Rice is nice with a fish dish (rhyme :cool:)

ReputationRep:
    hehe.

Oooh this word is cool:

chatoyant

adjective: varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles (Example: "Chatoyant (or shot) silk")
    Oh, where were you when I was trying to describe my physics teacher's shirt!

It was "chatoyant", lilac/greenish :eek:
    I remember going "It's lilac! but with a green glow. it's like, you can see the green, but you can also see lilac under it! arg. Sort of a translucent green. No the shirt isn't transparent!"

ReputationRep:
    'innit' 'mate' - ewwwwwww! I would never say those, or 'Cheers' (I might say Cheerio as a freindly goodbye)

Pesky doesn't belong on that list of ******* words!
    Aww, I'm sorry. But they are very English. Perhaps coming from completely different English stereotypes though.
    As soon as I get enough words I'll split it into two different lists.

ReputationRep:
    Sort of a translucent green. No the shirt isn't transparent!"

semipellucid

Half clear, or imperfectly transparent

ReputationRep:
    semipellucid

Half clear, or imperfectly transparent

Are you reading a thesaurus? :p:
    Or a dictionary even...

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I'm sorry. But they are very English. Perhaps coming from completely different English stereotypes though.
    As soon as I get enough words I'll split it into two different lists.
    English slang, yes. But not your quaint english words. Like:

Chap
    Knackered
    Gracious me!
    Gosh/Golly
    Twee
    Darn
    Bloody!
    Blimey
    Crikey
    Dodgy
    Strop
    Chuffed

ReputationRep:
    Are you reading a thesaurus? :p:
    Or a dictionary even...
    Even better:

www.phrontistery.info

coolest website on the net.

ReputationRep:
    English slang, yes. But not your quaint english words. Like:

Chap
    Knackered
    Gracious me!
    Gosh/Golly
    Twee
    Darn
    Bloody!
    Blimey
    Crikey
    Dodgy
    Strop
    Chuffed
    Oh, I like those.
    for some reason "darn" make me think of Geena Davis :confused:
    Gotta say though, I've no idea what "twee" and "strop" are supposed to mean
    Apparently my list just grew quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I like those.
    for some reason "darn" make me think of Geena Davis :confused:
    Gotta say though, I've no idea what "twee" and "strop" are supposed to mean
    Apparently my list just grew quite a bit.
    *googles Geena Davis*

Twee is like quaint

Stoppy is Moody/obstreperous and a strop is like a 'mood'; 'my brother banged on the table and marched up to his room, slamming his door in a strop'

synonym: 'huff'

ReputationRep:
    Some kind of actress?

ReputationRep:
    Even better:

www.phrontistery.info

coolest website on the net.
    You should get "The Devil's Dictionary", some of the meanings are a bit stupid but a few are actually quite funny.
    Nothing beats Douglas Admas' "The Meaning of Liff" though. That one is just too good. You'll "ecstasiate"* while reading it.

*From your site so don't come make any innuendoes on that one!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.