Turn on thread page Beta

Come in if you have a post count of less than 1000 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    Hey!
    How are things?
    :hello:

I've had an absolutely awful week and now I've got all weekend revising for my Hamlet exam for AS English Lit on Monday, which also happens to be my mum's birthday.:eek: How about you?^o)

ReputationRep:
    Oh, what happened this week? I had to do Hamlet for my final IB exam too, there was so much to revise! At least your mum's birthday might give you good luck :p:

I'm ok, had my exam on Maquiavel and I'm not sure at all how I did, it was my first in the subkect so I don't know how the teacher will mark it

ReputationRep:
    Oh, what happened this week? I had to do Hamlet for my final IB exam too, there was so much to revise! At least your mum's birthday might give you good luck :p:

I'm ok, had my exam on Maquiavel and I'm not sure at all how I did, it was my first in the subkect so I don't know how the teacher will mark it
    Do you mean Claudius being a Machiavelli King? I suppose there isn't any chance that the IB and AS questions would be the same as they're both different.:rolleyes: I hope I get good luck! that's not my worst exam arrangement though- damn Edexcel!:mad: Your teacher is marking it?:confused: Don't they get sent off to be marked by an external examiner?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no, those were two separate comments :p:
    I took my IB exams (the hamlet one included) last year. The other one I just took this week at uni :p:

I think they might be similar because really, it's been studied for so long that it gets to a point where everyone studies the same lines of thoughts and the same major themes...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no, those were to separate comments :p:
    I took my IB exams (the hamlet one included) last year. The other one I just took this week at uni :p:

I think they might be similar because really, it's been studied for so long that it gets to a point where everyone studies the same lines of thoughts and the same major themes...

They could be...maybe I should do a probability chart of what is likely to be asked? I'm still going to revise as much as possible though!- Ooh, we should abbreviate that to amap- can you see that one happening?:p: I've got 2 study guides to read, alot of handouts, my work, the play again, more annotations to make and to know where important things can be found!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, wow dedicated!
    I just focused on the main theme and learnt a few examples of each thing.
    I did do really well on my oral though :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, wow dedicated!
    I just focused on the main theme and learnt a few examples of each thing.
    I did do really well on my oral though :cool: :p:

The main theme? I thought that there was more than one main theme.:confused: What did you think that the main theme was then?^o) Well done on your oral!:party: :yy: Do you know what grade you got?^o) Sorry if that's too nosy! Was that for French/Spanish/ German- or are you still talking about English? I've got the mock for my french oral next tues and weds then I got the real thing on Thurs morning next week!:afraid: What was your oral topic then? You don't mind talking about this do you? ^o)Because I got told to shut up in the Penguin Soc. for talking about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)

The main theme? I thought that there was more than one main theme.:confused: What did you think that the main theme was then?^o) Well done on your oral!:party: :yy: Do you know what grade you got?^o) Sorry if that's too nosy! Was that for French/Spanish/ German- or are you still talking about English? I've got the mock for my french oral next tues and weds then I got the real thing on Thurs morning next week!:afraid: What was your oral topic then? You don't mind talking about this do you? ^o)Because I got told to shut up in the Penguin Soc. for talking about this.
    Lol, nah it's ok. There are many topics, I was just generalising the way I usually act. Lets see, there were things like procrastination, and there was hamlet's amiguity (with the being crazy X sane) erm... well, there's always language, the tragic hero thing, um...can't remember much Oh! I remember separating the plot from the sub plot so that when we talked about Hamlet's deception (his acting and all that) we'd also mention the king's deception (his political opening speech where he mourns the ex king and then moves swiftly on)... Can't remember what else, sorry.

Nah, my oral was part of the English course. It's like this, after the 2 years you've studied quite a lot of books and plays and poems and such so in your oral you get an envelope with an extract from one of the texts you've worked on. Then you get 20 minutes to prepare and you have to speak about it for 15 mintues and I was lucky enough to get Act 3 Scene 4 from Hamlet which thankfully I knew enough about

ReputationRep:
    Lol, nah it's ok. There are many topics, I was just generalising the way I usually act. Lets see, there were things like procrastination, and there was hamlet's amiguity (with the being crazy X sane) erm... well, there's always language, the tragic hero thing, um...can't remember much Oh! I remember separating the plot from the sub plot so that when we talked about Hamlet's deception (his acting and all that) we'd also mention the king's deception (his political opening speech where he mourns the ex king and then moves swiftly on)... Can't remember what else, sorry.

Nah, my oral was part of the English course. It's like this, after the 2 years you've studied quite a lot of books and plays and poems and such so in your oral you get an envelope with an extract from one of the texts you've worked on. Then you get 20 minutes to prepare and you have to speak about it for 15 mintues and I was lucky enough to get Act 3 Scene 4 from Hamlet which thankfully I knew enough about
    Lucky! Didn't you do 6 subjects for IB? I didn't know that you were at Uni. My msg will be with you in approximately 10mins, sorry for the wait.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky! Didn't you do 6 subjects for IB? I didn't know that you were at Uni. My msg will be with you in approximately 10mins, sorry for the wait.
    Yeah.... you have to do 6 subjects plus TOK and CAS so it wasn't reall an option :p:

Yep uni: Economics, started this year.

What subjects are you doing?

Oh and take as long as you need

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.... you have to do 6 subjects plus TOK and CAS so it wasn't reall an option :p:

Yep uni: Economics, started this year.

What subjects are you doing?

Oh and take as long as you need
    Thanks! I've just send it! I hope that I haven't confused you!

What's TOK and CAS?^o)

I'm doing AS's in French, Geography, Biology and English Literature. I was doing maths too but I dropped it so as to spend more time on my other subjects. AS Maths homework was extremely time consuming!:eek: I'm thinking of getting a private maths teacher to finish an As in Maths these summer holidays though I might just take it up again next year! if I did this I'd be really good at C1- that's the first unit.

What 6 subjects did you do then?^o)

ReputationRep:
    Theory of Knowledge (sort of an introduction to philosophy) and Community Action and Service which is just a program where you have to fill in some hours with activities in those areas.

Ooo, which subject do you like best? And that's a good idea with the maths during the holidays thing. You're a very academically oriented person aren't you? I'm pretty impressed.

I did
    English A1 HL
    Portuguese A2 HL
    History HL
    Chemistry HL
    SBS (School Based Syllabus - in our case, Social Brazilian Studies)
    Maths Methods

Loved most of them. Well actually, all except for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Theory of Knowledge (sort of an introduction to philosophy) and Community Action and Service which is just a program where you have to fill in some hours with activities in those areas.

Ooo, which subject do you like best? And that's a good idea with the maths during the holidays thing. You're a very academically oriented person aren't you? I'm pretty impressed.

I did
    English A1 HL
    Portuguese A2 HL
    History HL
    Chemistry HL
    SBS (School Based Syllabus - in our case, Social Brazilian Studies)
    Maths Methods

Loved most of them. Well actually, all except for Maths.
    Yes I am. Well I want to do a Physical Geography degree at Uni so you can probably now guess what my favourite subject is.

Philosophy...I wanted to do RSthics and Philosophy as I like reflecting about those things but there isn't time.:hmpf:

How's Maths methods different to Maths?

Was it hard doing 6 subjects?

What was your favourite subject?:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am. Well I want to do a Physical Geography degree at Uni so you can probably now guess what my favourite subject is.

Philosophy...I wanted to do RSthics and Philosophy as I like reflecting about those things but there isn't time.:hmpf:

How's Maths methods different to Maths?

Was it hard doing 6 subjects?

What was your favourite subject?:p:
    Physical Georgraphy? Oh that'd be my worst nightmare, I hate it!
    And Ethics and Philosophy sounds like a great subject, TOK was really very basic stuff...

I'm sorry about the methods, I'm just used to adding the levels because people usually ask about it. Maths Methods just means it's the intermediate level - there are three.
    It's a pretty heavy course but I'm not sure it's any different from A-levels since I imagine the syllabus for each course being larger in A-level, though I can't really say for sure.
    I can't pick a fabourite one! I loved all of them! Maybe history though but that's nly if I were forced to answer... Wait, maybe english too.Arg, I don't know!

ReputationRep:
    And Ethics and Philosophy sounds like a great subject, TOK was really very basic stuff...

I'm sorry about the methods, I'm just used to adding the levels because people usually ask about it. Maths Methods just means it's the intermediate level - there are three.
    It's a pretty heavy course but I'm not sure it's any different from A-levels since I imagine the syllabus for each course being larger in A-level, though I can't really say for sure.
    I can't pick a fabourite one! I loved all of them! Maybe history though but that's nly if I were forced to answer... Wait, maybe english too.Arg, I don't know!
    Don't worry about it!:eek: You hate Physical Geography!:eek: But, but...it rocks!:p: Out of interest, why are you studying Economics at Uni? :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it!:eek: You hate Physical Geography!:eek: But, but...it rocks!:p: Out of interest, why are you studying Economics at Uni? :vroam:
    I find it so useless! I just really dislike it and can't find any interest in volcanoes or glaciers or rivers at all
    I'm not too sure why I picked Economics. I was in so much doubt, I think I must've seriously considered about 15 options.
    I guess I just took a look at the subjects covered in the economics course and decided I liked them, even if I'm not sure about the actual job of an economist. It mixes both the technical areas and the humanities, which isn't found in many courses.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get her started :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey guys and girl how are things hope it nice and sunny where you all are it raining here sore cc yerterday what a nice young man he is and he got me some flower how sweet is that well got to go abd get a bus to do somme shopping for food :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I get so much more rep when I post useless stuff in H&R.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi jane)
    hey guys and girl how are things hope it nice and sunny where you all are it raining here sore cc yerterday what a nice young man he is and he got me some flower how sweet is that well got to go abd get a bus to do somme shopping for food :hugs:
    Hello

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.