The Student Room Group
You realise this has been going approx 66k posts and I have about 11k so that means that approximately every 6th post is one by me lol!
Nutter
Ahh yes, probably why I couldn't recall them in the first place.

These are the books that I got yesterday:

The Earthsea Quartet by Ursula Le Guin.
Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder.
The Science Behind Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials books.

Has anyone heard of them, read them before or like the sound of them?^o)

There were some other books that I wanted too but I couldn't find them plus I ran out of money.:p: :redface:

I also got some clothes yesterday but I don't suppose that you two want to hear about them.:p:
Ursula Le guin is quite good.
Sophies World I thought was good when I was younger.
I don't like Pullman's stuff, even if it's not strictly by him.

What clothes?

I bought some swimming shorts.
Original post by Fluent &#953
Mine is number #159 :biggrin: And that was back in the days when your postcount in chat counted! Well chat didn't exist even back then.

:eek: :biggrin: Now I can see why some ppl that you used to talk to are now gone!:p: Do they still count as part of your post count?^o)
You realise this has been going approx 66k posts and I have about 11k so that means that approximately every 6th post is one by me lol!

:rofl: :yy: You're great to talk to though!:biggrin:
Elements
:eek: :biggrin: Now I can see why some ppl that you used to talk to are now gone!:p: Do they still count as part of your post count?^o)

I'm not sure. Probably I lost them when chat was formed. If I remember correctly chat didn't exist there was just one discussion formu called 'general discussion'
Elements
:rofl: :yy: You're great to talk to though!:biggrin:

AWw thanks :p: It's only because I have such lovely people like you to talk with though.
Ursula Le guin is quite good.
Sophies World I thought was good when I was younger.
I don't like Pullman's stuff, even if it's not strictly by him.

What clothes?

I bought some swimming shorts.

I started reading the Quartet and liked it but because it was at the time of extreme studying I decided to buy it for the summer holidays/the end of study leave after my exams. I've got a new name for what the exam period can be called! I think ppl will take to it well- do you want to hear it?:p: Sophie's World looks ever so interesting. I don't do Philosophy but if I could, I would. Did you do Philosophy? Did the book really stir the philosopher in you?:biggrin: :eek: You don't like Pullman's stuff?! What I like is His Dark matter trilogy with the girl Lyra as one of the protagonists. Don't you even like those books? This book that I bought only has an introduction by Pullman; the rest is written by Mary and John Gribbin, explaining all the science behind it: Cosmology, Philosophy, Biology, Chemistry, Physical Geography etc.

For clothes, I got two tops for Sixth Form- because they are buttoned and have a collar, from Miss Selfridges. they only cost 18 pounds each- that's about half of one least expensive item of clothing from Monsoon. Yay- Monsoon!:biggrin: One is this bright Peacock blue and the other is bright magenta.:biggrin: What do you think? I could try to find a picture of them if you want? The blue one is in my size but the pink one is a size bigger- it doesn't feel too big or look so though.
I'm not sure. Probably I lost them when chat was formed. If I remember correctly chat didn't exist there was just one discussion formu called 'general discussion'

Hehe, you older than me on here!:rolleyes: :p: I wish posts in here still contributed to our post count!*Wishful*.:p: :biggrin:
I only remember reading something by Le guin when I was younger. Sophies world is a good childrens story, but I would want something a bit more in depth now.

I read Northen lights in primary school and thought it was ok. I since re-read it and didn't think it was much good.
AWw thanks :p: It's only because I have such lovely people like you to talk with though.

:biggrin: :hugs: I'm just glad that I've been able to talk to and get on well with you, Natalie and jen and Bex etc. I thought that when I first joined almost every conversation would be really exclusive- such as no n00bs or caring what they think etc.:frown: :redface:
I only remember reading something by Le guin when I was younger. Sophies world is a good childrens story, but I would want something a bit more in depth now.

I read Northen lights in primary school and thought it was ok. I since re-read it and didn't think it was much good.

:eek: Primary school and years ago! Are you trying to suggest that I'm not good at reading?:ninja: Because I can manage well other more complex and detailed books etc as I'm really good at reading!
Elements
:biggrin: :hugs: I'm just glad that I've been able to talk to and get on well with you, Natalie and jen and Bex etc. I thought that when I first joined almost every conversation would be really exclusive- such as no n00bs or caring what they think etc.:frown: :redface:

No one is like that in this thread :biggrin: And hey! You are one of the gang :hugs:
Elements
:eek: Primary school and years ago! Are you trying to suggest that I'm not good at reading?:ninja: Because I can manage well other more complex and detailed books etc as I'm really good at reading!

Aww nooo! I didn't mean that sorry :frown: :redface: They're just not the sort of thing I go for anymore :smile:

Besides you should read a book because it is difficult or to impress but because you want to! Who cares what that book is.
No one is like that in this thread :biggrin: And hey! You are one of the gang :hugs:

I know that's what is so great!:biggrin: Yay! Really? Well I am now but I wasn't then but hey this is so much better for me talking to all you peeps rather than when I was all new. I've made so many brilliant online friends and acquaintances here. I've got some not nice comments etc but don't we all? Plus now that I know all you lovely ppl, I wouldn't want to give up you lot just for a few sad and nasty ppl.
Yeah :smile:
The Dispossessed by Ursula K Le Guin is very very good if you are interested.
Aww nooo! I didn't mean that sorry :frown: :redface: They're just not the sort of thing I go for anymore :smile:

Besides you should read a book because it is difficult or to impress but because you want to! Who cares what that book is.

Aww, OK.:redface: Don't be :frown: ; I understand properly now!:hugs: that's what I do: I read what I want to read. It really annoys me how some ppl are so superficial that they just read a book because of the prestige/establishment it has to it or they just use them as accessories to show that they're so cultural. Cosmopolitan/Metropolitan hypocrites and sheep more like!:sheep: :nn: They don't know what they are missing out on! Books are great! I love reading!:biggrin:
The Dispossessed by Ursula K Le Guin is very very good if you are interested.

What's it about? Is it the sequel to The Earthsea Quartet? Do you know what the follow up book to The Earthsea Quartet is? Because I would like to know possibly.
Elements
Aww, OK.:redface: Don't be :frown: ; I understand properly now!:hugs: that's what I do: I read what I want to read. It really annoys me how some ppl are so superficial that they just read a book because of the prestige/establishment it has to it or they just use them as accessories to show that they're so cultural. Cosmopolitan/Metropolitan hypocrites and sheep more like!:sheep: :nn: They don't know what they are missing out on! Books are great! I love reading!:biggrin:

Yeaahhhhh. I like reading too. Although I hardly ever any more :frown: Not sure why though. I really want Iain M Banks to release a new Sci Fi work!

Latest