The Student Room Group
It's not a sequel no. It's basically about a utopic/dystopic future. If you like her writing style you should read it
Original post by Fluent &#953
It's not a sequel no. It's basically about a utopic/dystopic future. If you like her writing style you should read it

Sounds brilliant! I know what Utopia is so is Dystopia the same thing or similar? What does that mean?

Hey FiL. You know that you are a sub? Well could you possibly tell me how many reps ago/ how long ago was it since I last repped you because I want to rep you again but it says that I need to spread some more rep around first.
Yeaahhhhh. I like reading too. Although I hardly ever any more :frown: Not sure why though. I really want Iain M Banks to release a new Sci Fi work!

I've heard of him but I can't say that I've read any of his books.:redface: Are they good? What are they about? Because I really like fantasy and science fiction books. Maybe you don't read anymore because you don't have any time to?:frown: Or because you are on TSr instead?:p: Or because you can't find any motivation to emerse yourself within books anymore?:frown:
Elements
Sounds brilliant! I know what Utopia is so is Dystopia the same thing or similar? What does that mean?

Hey FiL. You know that you are a sub? Well could you possibly tell me how many reps ago/ how long ago was it since I last repped you because I want to rep you again but it says that I need to spread some more rep around first.

dystopia is the opposite of utopia :smile:

And thank you, it's here:

20 Come in if you have a... 15-05-2006 13:23 Elements
Elements
I've heard of him but I can't say that I've read any of his books.:redface: Are they good? What are they about? Because I really like fantasy and science fiction books. Maybe you don't read anymore because you don't have any time to?:frown: Or because you are on TSr instead?:p: Or because you can't find any motivation to emerse yourself within books anymore?:frown:

His 'culture' novels (a sort of series) are amazing. I love them. Amongst my favorite books.

Yeah I dont have a great deal of time really. THough I whould make time.
dystopia is the opposite of utopia :smile:

And thank you, it's here:

20 Come in if you have a... 15-05-2006 13:23 Elements

Thanks! I definitely prefer a Utopian existence then! Now I can incorporate that idea and word into my stories and poems etc! Have you ever become intrigued how that when you are looking a word up in the dictionary sometimes, and you get diverted by finding other really interesting words and soforth reading their definitions too? I partially think that the words that divert you are special in meaning to you personally for you to read them. Though that's probably just me only.:redface: :biggrin:

Well I think that within 24 hours I should be able to rep you possibly... Argh, if only I had my rep history etc. I am pondering whether I would like to become a sub or not. Not if I could, because I can't.:frown: :redface:
His 'culture' novels (a sort of series) are amazing. I love them. Amongst my favorite books.

Yeah I dont have a great deal of time really. THough I whould make time.

I know what you mean. Could you give me a brief synopsis of them? Sorry if I'm being annoying!:eek: :redface:
Elements
Well I think that within 24 hours I should be able to rep you possibly... Argh, if only I had my rep history etc. I am pondering whether I would like to become a sub or not. Not if I could, because I can't.:frown: :redface:

Try it and see.
Elements
Thanks! I definitely prefer a Utopian existence then! Now I can incorporate that idea and word into my stories and poems etc! Have you ever become intrigued how that when you are looking a word up in the dictionary sometimes, and you get diverted by finding other really interesting words and soforth reading their definitions too? I partially think that the words that divert you are special in meaning to you personally for you to read them. Though that's probably just me only.:redface: :biggrin:

I do that all the time, especailly on wikipedia, clicking from topic to topic. And on my mac laptop there is an in built dictionary where if you docuble click on the word it takes you to that definition, so I can spend ages on that :redface:
Try it and see.

Argh!:eek: You subbed me? how? Why? How did you do that? How long for? How do I pay for that?
http://www.iainbanks.net/sf.htm

Here is a list of his works with a brief blurb.
I do that all the time, especailly on wikipedia, clicking from topic to topic. And on my mac laptop there is an in built dictionary where if you docuble click on the word it takes you to that definition, so I can spend ages on that :redface:

Argh, Wikipedia! So interesting and useful! Don't you just love it: All those interesting hyperlinks- one ends up many pages away researching and reading about something far replaced from what one originally started reading about.:p: :biggrin:
Elements
Argh!:eek: You subbed me? how? Why? How did you do that? How long for? How do I pay for that?

How? I clicked on the link in your proflie that says 'give elements a subscription'

Why? Because I want to and hopefully it will make you happy :smile:

How long for? 1 month

How do I pay for that? You talk to me. Lots! :p:
How? I clicked on the link in your proflie that says 'give elements a subscription'

Why? Because I want to and hopefully it will make you happy :smile:

How long for? 1 month

How do I pay for that? You talk to me. Lots! :p:

Thank-you ever so much!:hugs: I was going to carry on talking to you anyhow!:biggrin: Yes I am happy.:smile: What does being invisible mean? How can I enlargen my avatar? Where's the page in the FAQ telling me what subscribers can do?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=subs#faq_subspec

Do you have the original of that image? You can upload one up to 100x100 px. I think being invisible means you don't show up on the 'who is online' thing and your light next to your name doesn't go green when you are online.
and you are very welcome :smile:
How do I get this image to 100 times 100 pixels? :http://www.rpdc.tas.gov.au/soer/image/559/ilw/p-platypus_m.jpg
and you are very welcome :smile:

Thank-you thank-you thank-you ever so ever so much! And yes I can rep you in 24 hours time!Yay!:biggrin: I've just been seeing who's been negging me- some I already knew and others were surprising. Can subs see who the anons are?
Reply 67498
Elements
Thank-you thank-you thank-you ever so ever so much! And yes I can rep you in 24 hours time!Yay!:biggrin: I've just been seeing who's been negging me- some I already knew and others were surprising. Can subs see who the anons are?

Fil subbed you too. Oh sweet. He's such a lovely fella. :smile:
And to answer your last question, unfortunately, no, I don't think we can; they stay anonymous.
No you can't see anons :smile:

Latest