Turn on thread page Beta

Come in if you have a post count of less than 1000 watch

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, mine was about 3 times as long as it should have been. I had to try really hard to cut it down. I guess I waffle a bit.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Gosh, mine was about 3 times as long as it should have been. I had to try really hard to cut it down. I guess I waffle a bit.
    I don't say enougth. Plus the fact that there is nothing much to say about me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    No more than 4000 characters, no more than 47 lines. And I've included everything I can think of.
    erm, mine wasnt that long

have u been in any groups like committies or anything like that (i did year book, ball committiee and was in the netball team and was a peer mediator.

have u said what u wanna do in life and why u want to do that particular course?

ReputationRep:
    Say you are "an active member of a flourishing online community, where you contribute, share and learn from other acedemicly like-minded individuals"
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    erm, mine wasnt that long

have u been in any groups like committies or anything like that (i did year book, ball committiee and was in the netball team and was a peer mediator.

have u said what u wanna do in life and why u want to do that particular course?
    Groups: Explorer Scouts, TSR Environmental Awareness Soc (My careers adviser told me to add this it is relevant to Envi Sci)

What I want to do in life: Don't know.

Why I want to do the course: because I have to apply for SOMETHING, and this looks interesting.

ReputationRep:
    ofghgggffgfukivkjkkk! that hurt, I just trapped my finger in a drawer.

ReputationRep:
    Groups: Explorer Scouts, TSR Environmental Awareness Soc (My careers adviser told me to add this it is relevant to Envi Sci)

Why I want to do the course: because I have to apply for SOMETHING, and this looks interesting.
    erm....
    do u do anything interesting on computers like make websites etc etc?

ReputationRep:
    What course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:

Can't you talk about your interest in the course and what things related to it you've done/read about?
    *has never done a personal statement*
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    erm....
    do u do anything interesting on computers like make websites etc etc?
    No, I wouldn't know where to start :rofl:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    Can't you talk about your interest in the course and what things related to it you've done/read about?
    *has never done a personal statement*
    Yes, that's what most of it is about. But I don't know exactly WHAT to write about it

ReputationRep:
    Hello????

*Waves hand in front of AJ's face*

wow, i'm invisible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's what most of it is about. But I don't know exactly WHAT to write about it
    well what do u do in (hobbies) everyday life that is related to the course?

it doesnt have to be completly true, as long as u can talk about it in an interview (which they prob wont ask much anyway)

exaple: i went for documentary film and tv, so i put my fav doucmentary makers, and types of, and what i do already that is related to doc tv.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hello????

*Waves hand in front of AJ's face*

wow, i'm invisible.
    *Feels breeze in front of face* :hmmmm2:

Environmental Science

ReputationRep:
    I have three friends went off to do Env Sci this year. Have you tried doing some work experience/volunteering with the local environment agency, you should, they look very hightly on it.

ReputationRep:
    Say stuff how, you are interested in science and geography (whatever) and are very aware of the importance the environmnet holds for not just humans but for lall ife on earth. You are concerend with the way things are going and can see that this is a career path that will offer much opportunity to learn and to contribute in the future.

ReputationRep:
    yeh my best m8 is doing ES this year too. he did work experience at the environment agancy so that was gd
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Say stuff how, you are interested in science and geography (whatever) and are very aware of the importance the environmnet holds for not just humans but for lall ife on earth. You are concerend with the way things are going and can see that this is a career path that will offer much opportunity to learn and to contribute in the future.
    But if they ask me what parts of geography and science I like in the interview, I'll probrably either mumble a load of rubbish or faint

ReputationRep:
    But if they ask me what parts of geography and science I like in the interview, I'll probrably either mumble a load of rubbish or faint
    i was worried too! but it wont be that formal.
    the women who interiewed me started talking about a documentary on tv last night about eskimos, and she was ranting out about how penguins are so cute! was well funny. i got in no probs!

ReputationRep:
    That's easy, you just learn about a few topics, whcih you can slip into interview "ohh yes I read recently about this in the newspaper......"

They wont expect you to be an expert, but if you have one or two things prepared, you will impress.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.