Fireworks Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Whats everyones favourite type of fireworks?
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Whats everyones favourite type of fireworks?
The cruise missles - I think you can buy them from the American miltary lol
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by NikNak)
The cruise missles - I think you can buy them from the American miltary lol
Whats the website?
Or can you find them on e-bay as well.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Whats the website?
Or can you find them on e-bay as well.
lol
love_4_ducks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol

catherine wheels and those weird things that screech when they go up and then go bang into pretty pretty colours
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
The bright ones that go bang.
Unregistered123
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
jumping jacks were the best......... so i was told!
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by love_4_ducks)
catherine wheels and those weird things that screech when they go up and then go bang into pretty pretty colours
Yeah the ones that go BANG!! lol - the louder the better in my opinion. OH YEAH! was anyone at the alton towers firework display on Sunday?????? Absolutely breath taking!
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dont like em. Did you know last night, Mancheser had over 850 callouts?
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Dont like em. Did you know last night, Mancheser had over 850 callouts?
Fireworks are silly!

They should only be allowed at organised displays with a license for such events.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surfing Hamster)
Fireworks are silly!

They should only be allowed at organised displays with a license for such events.
Why?
The only injuries i got from them were a burnt tongue and throat, so they can't be that dangerous.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why?
The only injuries i got from them were a burnt tongue and throat, so they can't be that dangerous.
Oh well - in the face of that evidence I'm sure all the people who've been permanently scarred and killed by fireworks will just back down :rolleyes:
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Oh well - in the face of that evidence I'm sure all the people who've been permanently scarred and killed by fireworks will just back down :rolleyes:
So you are saying anything with any danger should be banned???
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So you are saying anything with any danger should be banned???
No just that you cannot fight stats with anecdotes
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
No just that you cannot fight stats with anecdotes
Well i could go and state all the things with a higher injury rate, or death rate than fireworks, but there would be so many, i wouldn't have time.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well i could go and state all the things with a higher injury rate, or death rate than fireworks, but there would be so many, i wouldn't have time.
The majority of those are voluntary, fireworks can hurt people without them consenting to take part.

But that's beside the point - the point was your arguement of "I just burnt my tongue" is like the people who know someone who is 100 and has smoked their whole life - just because something is true for one person doesn't mean that truth carries across the entire population.
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if you're ever in spain mid-august, go to a town called elche (or something like that) -they have a massive festival where there are non-stop fireworks all night all over the town-both official and unofficial. i was standing at a crossroads with two of the roads completely lined with rockets which were sent up one immediately after the other for about an hour(no exaggeration) and then all the power all over town is cut and a massive firework is sent up like a curtain covering the sky which lights up everything. it was so beautiful and the smell (if u like the smell of fireworks) was great too. i'd recommend it to all!!
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah the ones that go BANG!! lol - the louder the better in my opinion. OH YEAH! was anyone at the alton towers firework display on Sunday?????? Absolutely breath taking!
was it better than last year coz i went then and was really disappointed. has anyone been ally pally in london for fireworks?
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by deary_ma_leary)
was it better than last year coz i went then and was really disappointed. has anyone been ally pally in london for fireworks?
They had two massive towers either side of the stage. Started with a normal firework display (but massive fireworks). While this was going on the stage filled with smoke and they had a holographic projection of a face on the stage that was talking etc / real loud music. They had massive explosions (oil drums on the lake behind it) that exploded in huge fireballs and they had a laser light show - absolutely amazing!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Best fireworks I've seen were in the Stone Circle on the last night of Glastonbury - of course there were tossers letting fireworks off on site all weekend so it's likely they'll be banned this yr so no display.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (35)
17.16%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (87)
42.65%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
40.2%

Watched Threads