The Student Room Group

Occupational Health checks for a Nursing course.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rahima_Ali
Hi guys, I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this but here it goes. I’ve been offered a place for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy course at City for 2018. However, I’m extremely worried about the occupational health check as I suffer from tachycardia (fast heart beat) amongst other health issues. I’m worried that I’m not going to pass the occupational health checks and therefore won’t be able to enrol on the course. Any help will be appreciated x

Just complete the occupational health form, they will most likely contact you to discuss if they can do anything to help you during the course etc.
Good luck with your course!
Original post by mel_l218
Just complete the occupational health form, they will most likely contact you to discuss if they can do anything to help you during the course etc.
Good luck with your course!

Ahh ok, thank you so much x
I can’t open this tab.. could you help please..
does anyone how long it takes to hear back from occupational health after submitting the form?
Does anyone know how having Psoriasis would affect my chances, when I spoke to unis when they came to see us at college they said it wouldn't be a problem but as a midwife you can't have arms covered and even though I'm not contagious people get funny.
Will my past history of alcohol and drug dependence effect my health checks for a nursing course? I no longer struggle with these however they will show on my medical record from the past year.
Original post by Alice1141
Will my past history of alcohol and drug dependence effect my health checks for a nursing course? I no longer struggle with these however they will show on my medical record from the past year.

They may want to discuss with you the circumstances and how it previously affected you, and whether it's likely to occur again (especially if your difficulties occurred under a year ago). They will then see if they can put anything in place to support you.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
They may want to discuss with you the circumstances and how it previously affected you, and whether it's likely to occur again (especially if your difficulties occurred under a year ago). They will then see if they can put anything in place to support you.

Thank you for that. :smile:
Secondly, due to the fact its medical, do you know if its obligatory to disclose all past medical problems? or can some remain private.
Original post by Alice1141
Thank you for that. :smile:
Secondly, due to the fact its medical, do you know if its obligatory to disclose all past medical problems? or can some remain private.

You must declare all past medical problems, unless they specifically tell you otherwise. That includes both physical and mental health problems.
Yes if you are found to be hiding stuff I was told that it could stop them accepting you.
Reply 50
Original post by DoctorFourteen
Now I'm worried about being overweight! So happy to have offers for uni but dreading the OH assessment!

hi how did this go i am due to start uni next year so i am worried sick about this thank you
Can someone tell me where I get this checked? Just got an offer for mental nursing course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending