Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    'prospector' - 'do you mean a prospectus/ive'?

ReputationRep:
    why oh why do people get so offended about spelling, its pathetic :rolleyes:

and op i agree with you to various extents, crisis of masculinity, male disconnection from school, all that.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    "Prospectus" :p:

They're not meant to be representative, they're meant to look good. Hell, they're probably not even students. As a general rule, guys are ugly :p: It's just how it is really. But in all honesty, I think you might be looking to far into it. They're just pictures that are meant to portray the image of 'cool students having a good time', that sort of thing; and if it's easier to portray that using girls, so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulpicia)
    'prospector' - 'do you mean a prospective'?
    Or prospectus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Or prospectus?

quite...

ReputationRep:
    Funniest thing about university prospectuses, and we point this out all the time at college is the ridiculous lengths they go to, to appear poltiically correct. Like if you look at most of them, you'll always have a disproportionate amount of black and ethnic minority students in the book. Usually just doing completely random, unrelated things with big fake grins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulpicia)
    'prospector' - 'do you mean a prospective'?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    you really do seem to hate women dont you, why do you feel we are given extr aprivaleges and shallow? youve done it in this thread and the otherone..
    girls seem to be more willing for photos than guys are, im sure its not deliberate. why do you seem to think everything that happens is an attack against you or putting you at a disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    seeing loads of girl in a uni prospectus would make me MORE likely to want to go

ReputationRep:
    haha I find this thread quite funny xD
    but yes thinking about it in all the prospectuses I own there does appear to be a huge amount of girls and the majority are pretty (haha, always the way to attract the males to universities with a low amount of guys :p:)
    Another thing as someone said above there is a huge amount of ethnic minorities there too; nothing wrong with that but this was in the Plymouth one....as if Devon is the home capital of diversity. Only if diversity is defined as the varying colours of kappa tracksuits being displayed by the chavs in Union Street :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    its really not that serious.

ReputationRep:
    You're not ready for university if you get offended because there are a few more females in a crappy prospectus.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The funniest thing is the Imperial college prospectus. I swear theres barely a guy in it

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fairly common practise for computer science departments to poach women from other departments to be in the prospectus. It's hardly suprising and not necessarily a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy20)
    When I look at these prospectors, I cannot feel that boys are side lined in the back ground, and the impression it gives that university is for women.
    Quite the opposite, it's saying 'come here, and you'll get your end away no problem'.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.