Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, our uni house has a shed and a patch of concrete separated from the road by a waist high wall as a back garden.
    A few days ago I wake up in the morning to find the following text from a housemate: 'mate, you awake?' obviously i wasnt. I go downstairs and see a huge mess of papers, bin bags and general mess through the kitchen window pretty much covering the entire 'garden'. I investigate, find uni work, books ranging from gcse to university level, clothes, shoes (all female i might add), KEYS, stationary, the bin bags were mostly full of papers, none with any actual rubbish in them.
    Turns out my housemates got back from a night out to see all that at 2am, i'd gotten in about an hour before and hadnt heard anything, but none of it was there when they went out at about 11.

Why?! cleaned up most of it but its really bothering me and my housemates, anyone think of a logical explanation? why fly tip such a random bunch of stuff? especially including keys and new-ish looking shoes. . .bizarre

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was a prank? Hand it all in to lost property and put up notices about it?

ReputationRep:
    Someone was probably just having a clearout? I know plenty of people who have/would throw away unworn shoes (because they were cheap and didn't go with any of their clothes so had just been cluttering for years, for example) and maybe the keys were for an old flat they don't live in any more, or for an old lock? I don't know... The books and uni work suggest someone was just having a clearout, maybe they can afford to just chuck stuff away instead of the hassle of selling it on?

Either that or someone just died or got kicked out of their house or something. I don't know, it's not that weird. Kind of weird that it's strewn all over your lawn, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    Someone was probably just having a clearout? I know plenty of people who have/would throw away unworn shoes (because they were cheap and didn't go with any of their clothes so had just been cluttering for years, for example) and maybe the keys were for an old flat they don't live in any more, or for an old lock? I don't know... The books and uni work suggest someone was just having a clearout, maybe they can afford to just chuck stuff away instead of the hassle of selling it on?

Either that or someone just died or got kicked out of their house or something. I don't know, it's not that weird. Kind of weird that it's strewn all over your lawn, though
    yeah well thats the thing, if ur having a clearout why dump it at the back of our house as opposed to in your own bin? veeerry strange

ReputationRep:
    Smeone got drunk, threw their girlfriend out, and took it to the wrong house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ophqui)
    yeah well thats the thing, if ur having a clearout why dump it at the back of our house as opposed to in your own bin? veeerry strange
    I don't know, it could have been outside someone else's house in a binbag then some drunk people came and dumped it outside your house? It is quite weird, but I doubt it's anything sinister.

And yeah, maybe someone's been kicked out so someone just wanted to angrily dump their stuff anywhere, or got the wrong house and thought your house was the home of her new boyfriend or something, haha...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.