Both knees are so very painful :-( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
All of a sudden both my knees are really hurting, they hurt even more if I bend them whilst standing, but not if I bend them whilst laying down. If I sit on a chair with my legs hanging over towards the floor they hurt also then.

I'm not massively overweight, and was about 3 stone heavier last year and had no problems, I'm about 88kg now at 179cm tall, Male. BMI - 27.5 (or something around that).

It's just appeared today and has gradually got worse throughout the day. It could be a strain, but both at the same time? I started taking Iron and Multivitamin supplements last Friday and am wondering if that may be a cause.

Most probably a strain, but just want to make sure, as having both my knees in pain is weird... I'm obviously over reacting, but I want to be sure, and I know! TSR is the last place to ask this, but I'm not going to a doctor if I still have it tomorrow if it's just a strain!

Thanks
AyeUpFoxy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Heyyy, Have You Seen The Doctor Now?
Hope it Went Well?
Sounds Like Your Past Weight Has Effected Them! Same Thing Happened To Me Ha!
Jazmine
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hope the doctor will give you an explanation if it's continuing.

Sometimes I'd have leg pain (especially when bending), which comes and goes whenever, sometimes lasting five minutes, sometimes a day.

Mine was said to be due to poor circulation of blood, even though it feels really painful. I haven't had it since about half a year now. But it'll probably come back some time.. they gave me ways to try and help it, works sometimes =D

Hope it isn't serious! xx
Talon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it is still there tomorrow stop taking the supplements.
dchatterjee1
Report 9 years ago
You should go and see the doc, TSR won't help unless medical graduates can answer this!
shinydemon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im a 3rd year physiotherapy student

how old are you?? and where exactly do you feel the pain like above, mid or below the knee?? it really could be anything depending on what acitivites you do, what your age is and with ur current physical state.

you should really see a dr who can make a basic diagnosis and give u advice, better than that i would really advise a reffereal to a physio because its what we're better at, we deal with these things everyday with a treatment program to get it under control
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not been too bad today, I've been taking Ibuprofen and believe that it may have been caused on Sunday when I jumped off a step on the stairs (which I do all the time, usually from more of a height), maybe I landed funny? hmmm

If I still have the pain tomorrow I'm going to book an appointment with the Doctor. Or if it gets any worse. It was a bit painful today when sitting in class for too long, or if the chairs were low and my knees were too high.

I had an MMR injection last week and one of the side effects is joint pain, according to the interwebs. I've also stopped taking the Vitamin and Iron supplements (despite me really needing the iron as I believe I may be anaemic, another reason to get an appointment with the doctor I suppose!)

Thanks everybody

P.S. It's me, the thread started, dunno why I anonymous-ed it, hardly embarrassing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise