Gym times Watch

teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I was wondering about this one thing and perhaps someone here can answer it:

If I had a choice of going to the gym either at around noon or in the evening at 9 P.M or so, what would be the better choice? (if there even is a better choice)

I was thinking that if I go earlier, I'll have more time to fill my body with nutritional goodies over the course of the day or does that make no difference?
littlecreamsoda
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
if anything, i find the earlier i go the better. i tend to have more energy in the morning, and when you exercise in the morning you start your day off healthily, and don't want to ruin it by being unhealthy. comprende?

i guess it is personal though, and it depends a lot on your timetable/day plans. there is evidence to suggest that the earlier you go the better, but to be honest, as long as you're exercising i wouldn't worry about the specific time.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
I was wondering about this one thing and perhaps someone here can answer it:

If I had a choice of going to the gym either at around noon or in the evening at 9 P.M or so, what would be the better choice? (if there even is a better choice)

I was thinking that if I go earlier, I'll have more time to fill my body with nutritional goodies over the course of the day or does that make no difference?
this
teriaki
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adonis)
this
How much of a difference does that make and why?
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it doesnt. go whenever more convenient for you.
Marc908
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
by going at midday, you can use lunch as your PWO meal, whereas if you go at 9, you eat dinner before but are unlikely to eat much after...

If I had the time, I would go at around midday, but as it stands, I only have time in the evenings
teriaki
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marc908)
by going at midday, you can use lunch as your PWO meal, whereas if you go at 9, you eat dinner before but are unlikely to eat much after...

If I had the time, I would go at around midday, but as it stands, I only have time in the evenings
Whats stopping me from eating what I want in the evening? Obviously nothing as big as lunch but still quite a decent meal.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would choose that because

- gym less busy
- you aren't as drained from the day, even if you haven't done much, you won't be at 100%
- can eat more afterwards

simple.

of course you can train effectively at both times, long as you can get yourself into 'the zone' but given you have a choice, I'd pick mid-day
teriaki
Rep:
?
I would choose that because

- gym less busy
Not my gym. At noon it is an absolute jungle with guys pumping muscle left and right.
sweetdarling
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Also, if you go at 9 you might have trouble sleeping if you're fully of energy when you get home. I'd go at noon, but it wont make a different i don't think
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not my gym. At noon it is an absolute jungle with guys pumping muscle left and right.
fair dues

go later then

again, only you can make the decision

it just boils down to what fits best for you/where you can train with most intensity.

yeh there are various reasons why morning is better cos of T levels , etc .... but again its just minor
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sweetdarling)
Also, if you go at 9 you might have trouble sleeping if you're fully of energy when you get home. I'd go at noon, but it wont make a different i don't think
opposite for me

I feel drained and often go sleep/nap after my PWO
grape:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Around noon the gym will be emptier x
Poica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
opposite for me

I feel drained and often go sleep/nap after my PWO
I tend to find it depends whether I've been working cardio or resistance. After cardio I'm buzzing, after resistance I could curl up and go to sleep immediately.

If it's a mixed session, I'd go for the midday slot.
osikeone4real
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
morning is the best time 4 u to Gym.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Poica)
I tend to find it depends whether I've been working cardio or resistance. After cardio I'm buzzing, after resistance I could curl up and go to sleep immediately.

If it's a mixed session, I'd go for the midday slot.
I do zero cardio.
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I do zero cardio.
that probably explains why you're so fat.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rubix)
that probably explains why you're so fat.
i can't tell if that was meant to be a sarcastic joke or putdown?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads