This discussion is closed.
jstringer
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jstringer)
you pompus windbag, how can u call yourself god? and last time i looked you were girlfriendless to! If you dont look good wiv ginger hair then you could always be hermionie
and wots wiv the name miss_spelled? If u were god then i dont think u would have a name lik that! also if your god then wot u doin in these message boards?
miss Spelled
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its the 24centrey version of Prayer, and I think you would make a better girl then I would. Or thats what murry says when hes day dreamaing about you!! Blow
jstringer
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by miss Spelled)
Its the 24centrey version of Prayer, and I think you would make a better girl then I would. Or thats what murry says when hes day dreamaing about you!! Blow
if I was a gurl then i cudnt be harry! and when i first met you and murray you and he seemed very friendly if you know wot i meen! and if your god then y r u botherin to argue wiv me?
jstringer
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jstringer)
if I was a gurl then i cudnt be harry! and when i first met you and murray you and he seemed very friendly if you know wot i meen! and if your god then y r u botherin to argue wiv me?
not that i am or look like harry in any way!
sunnygee
Report 17 years ago
harry porter is witch craft. all this movies and books about harry porter are messing up the kids head about witch craft.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by sunnygee)
harry porter is witch craft. all this movies and books about harry porter are messing up the kids head about witch craft.
hehehehe
two_headed_monk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my god, there are people here actually defending the odious little toad! die!
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Come on, who hates potter?
I want this to get bigger than that other potter post.
Whenever I see an adult reading Harry Potter on the bus/train/whatever I want to rip it out of their hands and scream:

DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME?

It might just be me, but I got reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllly annoyed with all the hype. They're not bad children's books but people go on raving about them as if they're the best books ever written. And another thing the second book is EXACTLY the same as the first book!

3 word for all you Harry Potter fans:

His Dark Materials
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Come on, who hates potter?
I want this to get bigger than that other potter post.

i hate him, he has no point, i dont see what the fuss is about just because he is a wizard and goes to Hogwarts the nation seems to love him.... well i detest him
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
Whenever I see an adult reading Harry Potter on the bus/train/whatever I want to rip it out of their hands and scream:

DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME?

It might just be me, but I got reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllly annoyed with all the hype. They're not bad children's books but people go on raving about them as if they're the best books ever written. And another thing the second book is EXACTLY the same as the first book!

His Dark Materials
Yeah - but the 3rd book onwards get much better...the 2nd book is definately IMO the weakest.

And as for HDM - they are great books, but they're a different type of book to HP (not that I'm not excited about going to see HDM adapted to the stage by the national theatre (2 3hr plays) for my christmas present in February )
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
His Dark Materials
Read them a few years ago. Not overly keen to be honest.
Might reread them again at some point to see if they grow on me as it were.

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Yeah - but the 3rd book onwards get much better...the 2nd book is definately IMO the weakest.
I agree.
Rysh
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i was actually saying this today. harry potter is a prick. the lamest form of science fiction/ mythology/ supernatural u know what i mean of that category who has wizards wearing glasses? its stupid, Lord of the Rings is much better.
++Hex++
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

His Dark Materials
Precisely. They're average books, written for children. Pullman is much better than JKR. Tolkien, of course, is better than both of those though...
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ++Hex++)
Precisely. They're average books, written for children. Pullman is much better than JKR. Tolkien, of course, is better than both of those though...
I've never actually read Lord of The Rings, but it's on my list of things to do (the size of it scares me ). When I was younger I quite enjoyed reading 'Wizard of Earthsea', I belive it was quite popular when it was written but I don't know many people who've read it. IMO It's one of the best childrens fantasy books ever written.
Julia O.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've never actually read Lord of The Rings, but it's on my list of things to do (the size of it scares me ). When I was younger I quite enjoyed reading 'Wizard of Earthsea', I belive it was quite popular when it was written but I don't know many people who've read it. IMO It's one of the best childrens fantasy books ever written.
i used to read 'wizard' as a kid too. and [no offense LOTR fans], i got really bored after the 1st book and just quit altogether-- whats the point? a ring? watching the movie is more fun- granted the fact that its a movie means it caters to shallow sentiments and is partially meant for people who are too lazy to read the book, but hey, that's me
Dude
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
i agree taht the LOTR movies are good, but they missed out a really good character. Old Man Willow. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CUT HIM OUT.

Just one small question though. how does Harry Potter promote witchcraft. WE KNOW IT'S A BOOK AND IT ISN'T REAL. you don't see every harry potter fan joining a witch cult, do u.
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
i agree taht the LOTR movies are good, but they missed out a really good character. Old Man Willow. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CUT HIM OUT.

Just one small question though. how does Harry Potter promote witchcraft. WE KNOW IT'S A BOOK AND IT ISN'T REAL. you don't see every harry potter fan joining a witch cult, do u.
how would you know? kids nowadays are sooooo different.

good thing I don't read in public :P i'm not an adult, though.

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Glimmer
Report 16 years ago
I happen to love Harry Potter. It's my opinion.
All of the books are really good.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Glimmer)
I happen to love Harry Potter. It's my opinion.
All of the books are really good.
thats nice. you will soon learn that personal opinion means nothing. some depth would be nice: why do you like them, why should everyone else like them?
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
thats nice. you will soon learn that personal opinion means nothing. some depth would be nice: why do you like them, why should everyone else like them?
I soppose i like them because they suck me into the world of harry potter and I become someone else, someone better than me! Its better that is what is actually going on in the real world!
But then again, the vocabulary isn't very complex and J.K.rowling doesn't half go on with her self!

The 4th and 5th get draggd on into and inch of their life, snoze fest!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.24%
Unhappy (52)
28.11%
Conflicted (90)
48.65%

Watched Threads