This discussion is closed.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
I soppose i like them because they suck me into the world of harry potter and I become someone else, someone better than me! Its better that is what is actually going on in the real world!
But then again, the vocabulary isn't very complex and J.K.rowling doesn't half go on with her self!

The 4th and 5th get draggd on into and inch of their life, snoze fest!
yeh i agree, jk rowling has talent but its a dead topic now
Sam2k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Come on, who hates potter?
I want this to get bigger than that other potter post.
For one it surprises me that such a "respectable" member of UKL would start a hater thread when there are already like a hundred of them. And this thread has about a snowball's chance in hell of getting bigger than "that other potter post".
Powerline
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What kind of a poll only gives one option....
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
yeh i agree, jk rowling has talent but its a dead topic now
Yes, she, I think, has got a bit too big for her boots, her expectations are way too high.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats nice. you will soon learn that personal opinion means nothing. some depth would be nice: why do you like them, why should everyone else like them?
A better question is what is one good reason to hate them?
Powerline
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
15% hate harry potter
9% hate harry potter
9% hate harry potter
8% hate harry potter
10%? hate harry potter

i just went for any at random.....not a good idea to do this much.....you should hav used only one option, instead of so many 'me's...that way it would have been 100%
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
A better question is what is one good reason to hate them?
The total lack of mature vocabulary used!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats nice. you will soon learn that personal opinion means nothing. some depth would be nice: why do you like them, why should everyone else like them?
A better question is, what is one good reason that you hate them.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A better question is, what is one good reason that you hate them.
And I answered it!
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Daniel Radcliffe goes to my brothers school...apparently he's alright really, but ive never met him, I think he's quite poncy from other things i have heard, and i hate Harry Potter with vengance so ...i ain't a fan!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
And I answered it!
Do you really expect teenagers to use an adult vocabulary?
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i read the first harry potter books before the hype- when the second one came out way bak in 1998 or something when i was like 10, sad really but i feel that i HAVE to read them
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I read all the Harry Potter books. The last I read in a day to annoy my sister. Will do the same again, maybe flip through it and post spoilers online. I truly hate it, but if you don't know it you can't argue about how bad it is.
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its a poll designed for the majority of forum users, to fit their requirements.
I've designed it with the same flaws as most opinion polls.
I'd hate to see all the opinon polls you've seen but there's always at least one choice (repeated word = not a choice)

Most forum users dislike Harry potter. Look at the results of the poll if you dont believe me
Well the poll is bias to start with, you can't use that poll to base any beliefs on.

For one it surprises me that such a "respectable" member of UKL would start a hater thread when there are already like a hundred of them. And this thread has about a snowball's chance in hell of getting bigger than "that other potter post".
I agree, on both accounts, one that you swoop to the level of newbie childish-ness and two this thread will never be that big.

(Original post by sunnygee)
harry porter is witch craft. all this movies and books about harry porter are messing up the kids head about witch craft.
Right, of course... and rabbits wear little blue coats and caterpilars eat lollies.

(Original post by Pegasus)
His Dark Materials
Indeed, someone with sense here.
Northern lights was just great, The Suble Knife was pretty good and The Amber Spyglass was execellent, if a little off track.... I still love the first one best.

As for good other good writers in that genre, Alan Garner is one of the best. The Weirdstone of Brisingamen, The Moon of Gomrath, Elidor (remember the CBBC program?) & The Owl Service are his best. His have a Narnia (again an execellent series) meets Lord of the Rings, with a bit of King Arthur thrown in).

Eva
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (485)
51.82%
No (451)
48.18%

Watched Threads