Turn on thread page Beta

Which degree will make me more money? watch

• View Poll Results: Which degree would make me more money?
    Economics
    33.33%
    Business and economics
    3.81%
    Law
    51.43%
    Business Management
    11.43%

ReputationRep:
    Which degree will make me more money?

ReputationRep:
    Whichever you're good at, and very much interested in. Same with any job, degree or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4GGYBoss)
    depends how you use it. obviously a first in law is going to provide a better grounding in academic studies than a first degree in photography, all else equal.

follow your interest, and perhaps the money will stack up in the bank. chasing after money is a fool's game.

ReputationRep:
    i guess so, but everyones chasing after money reguardless i think i could give it a good go at any of them degrees.

ReputationRep:
    i guess so, but everyones chasing after money reguardless i think i could give it a good go at any of them degrees.
    Try doing law without a genuine interest in it. It'll probably kill you of boredom.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be a civil law barrister, have a desire to learn about the discipline of law, are intelligent and motivated and can use advocacy to your advantage - even then a law degree would be little more use than a degree in economics, because it's only a year's conversion course to then apply to the bar to become a barrister.

Do what you want, and let the money role in; unless you are someone who can work for money and not enjoyment. If money doesn't bring happiness, neither does your work, you aren’t going to be a happy person - let alone an attractive employee.

ReputationRep:
    everything can be interesting once you put your mind to it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Try doing law without a genuine interest in it. It'll probably kill you of boredom.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Well economics says money.

ReputationRep:
    eco.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that all everyone thinks about is money? Just do something that you enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Why is it that all everyone thinks about is money? Just do something that you enjoy
    She's right. Doing something that you enjoy is far better than doing a job that earns money but bores the soul out of ya.
    It's just the effect of this Material World :confused:

ReputationRep:
    all them subjects will bore the hell out of me, you think people going into education to have fun!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    all them subjects will bore the hell out of me, you think people going into education to have fun!?!?!?
    I'm in my second year of my law degree and its incredibly interesting. I also have a job at a solicitors and that has been so good its proven its what I want to do.

So, yes.

ReputationRep:
    all them subjects will bore the hell out of me

You mean the subjects you have chosen? You are going to do very, very badly if that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    i hope you don't include me in that everyone. i'm not chasing money, i'm only going to uni to get me a job i love

ReputationRep:
    Personally i think business management has the most earning potential than a lot of other degrees, but i believe it strongly depends on the kind of person you are, I know managers who earn up to 200k a year but its the kind of person they are that got them where they are, I dont know if you get what i mean ?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you haven't figured out yet that a degree won't make you money, you should probably give up now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    If you haven't figured out yet that a degree won't make you money, you should probably give up now.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    The degree of pimpology at the yourmum university of pimp.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.