Fat Vs Skinny Watch

This discussion is closed.
ICTA
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Im just basically appalled how misinformed some people are!

The definition of :

CURVY:bosomy: (of a woman's body) having a large bosom and pleasing curves

SKINNYaving little flesh and fat

FAT: Fuller-bodied

Does it seriously matter if you are fat, thin, skinny etc?

I mean i have also read that Marylin Monroe had the perfect body?

Yeah she did she had a size 16

Also, Did you know that back in the 18th Century, men hated skinny girls, they were considered ill?

Skinny VS Fat - My View =]

I hate our cultural images of beauty.

I feel so sad when I see a beautiful and sexy woman, who I can tell is not confident and does not feel attractive.

I've even known men who are afraid to admit what they find attractive if it isn't aligned with what we see in magazine and film.

Ok. being OVERWEIGHT is just as bad as being UNDERWEIGHT. so when i see someone heavy, i just think ok so they have more meat. when i see a stick. i think omg look at all that bone, the wind could blow them away! i would rather see a person with more meat then a person where u can see every outline of the humanbody. thats just nasty.

As an overall, I think society tends to frown upon the overweight person more so than the slim folk of the world. Being overweight/obese seems to still have a huge prejudice against it with the misconceptions about people who are of this way.

Ultimately, if each of us spent more time focused on ourselves and less time thinking about how other people are living their lives, maybe as a society we would be more productive. And personally, if anyone comments on someone else's food, they need to look at how they spend their time!

In the nicest way, let us all mind our own business and not concern ourselves with the other guy or gal!
fran.ha
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wish I lived in the 18th century. I definitely think being skinny is better than being fat, no doubt. I wish I was skinny, the majority of people don't like fat people.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
Personally, i believe skinny looks much better as aposed to fat.
fatal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh my word. you are one of the pioneers of forward thinking! we've never encountered this debate before!
-ch1ck-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i hate people who think that just cos a girl is skinny, she is like that cos she must have some kind of eating disorder and is influenced by all the skinny celebs in the magazines etc.

im naturally skinny and considering my bmi i am underweight, yet the people who really know me will tell you i probs eat more than the average chick. it annoys me when i meet someone new they'l say stuff like "gosh, you're so skinny- do you not eat etc etc"

i would love to have a little bit more meat on my bones but it just doesn't work.

some people are naturally bigger, i have some friends who have to watch what they eat because they gain weight easily.

everyones different...
hannah123123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am not fat and I am not skinny. I have boobs and curves. Yes I would like to loose weight, but I wouldn't want to be 'skinny'. Skinny is not necessarily attractive, attractive is confidence and personality.
-ch1ck-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannah123123)
I am not fat and I am not skinny. I have boobs and curves. Yes I would like to loose weight, but I wouldn't want to be 'skinny'. Skinny is not necessarily attractive, attractive is confidence and personality.

exactly!
Baconator
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 'fat' and I'd much prefer to be how I am than to be 'skinny'. Sure I'd love to lose a bit of weight but it's just not that much of an issue for me.
Zap Brannigan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannah123123)
Skinny is not necessarily attractive, attractive is confidence and personality.
Attractive is subjective, actually.
shygirl
Report 9 years ago
Monroe was fiiit. But skinny girls are cute too. :p:

Does anyone else find curvy being misused to mean fat a bit annoying?

I can say that cause I'm a fatty with curves. :rolleyes:
hannah123123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zap Brannigan)
Attractive is subjective, actually.

Oh I completely agree. But all I was saying is that skinny is not necessarily attractive to all people. Yes people have their own taste.
FrustratedHistorian
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm underweight, not that i'm anorexic. It's my high metabolism. i would like to by curvy so its easy when shopping. I think bigger people have life easy as they don't get called 'stick' or 'ruler' or some sort...they can lose weight in the places where they want.
Ultimately..it's best to be in the normal BMI range
hannah123123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shygirl)
Monroe was fiiit. But skinny girls are cute too. :p:

Does anyone else find curvy being misused to mean fat a bit annoying?
I can say that cause I'm a fatty with curves. :rolleyes:
Curvy does not mean the same as fat. True fat people are rounder where as people who are curvy tend to have boobs and then get a lot smaller at the waist.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I assume that biologically speaking, the most attractive girls should be slender but not underweight. After all, every species picks its mates according to how healthy they look so they will get the healthiest genes possible to pass on to their offspring. So technically, I suppose it's slightly unnatural to prefer very overweight or underweight women - although evolutionarily unnatural obviously doesn't mean wrong, just different. We (as humans) don't need to worry about that kind of thing so much I suppose, so it's possible to ignore the biological basis of attraction.

I hope that made some kind of sense - I am not in any way a sciencey person so it might be a load of bull. :o: That's just the way I've always thought of it.
alenax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Curvy is nice, fat is unhealthy and unattractive, skinny is nice to an extent.
SerpentineLara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The old Size 16 isn't the same size as it is today.

I think the body people have when they have a healthy diet and do exercise is beter than skinny or fat.
applecrombie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ICTA)

I mean i have also read that Marylin Monroe had the perfect body?

Yeah she did she had a size 16
In those days a size sixteen was MUCH smaller than it is today, shops have been making sizes come up larger and larger to make fat people happy.
dani_88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I swear i'm one of the only girls on the planet that would rather be fat than skinny..if i had to pick lol :p:
keepoffthelawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ICTA)
Ok. being OVERWEIGHT is just as bad as being UNDERWEIGHT. so when i see someone heavy, i just think ok so they have more meat. when i see a stick. i think omg look at all that bone, the wind could blow them away! i would rather see a person with more meat then a person where u can see every outline of the humanbody. thats just nasty.
You're contradicting yourself. First you say overweight is as bad as underweight but then you show your (very strong) bias against skinny people. You yourself are doing the exact same thing as you complain about people doing in your post.

Also, while i do not promote underweight i think your complete ignorance of the dangers of obesity (saying "it's okay to be fat, at least much better than being skinny") is downright ridiculous! I think being underweight or overweight are both unhealthy, none of them is better. I really dislike this kind of attitude against underweight. Being fat is not better than being skinny - it doesn't make you a better/nicer person in any way.

I rest my case.
Sparuuto
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gf26XN...e=channel_page - this is a warning to you, skinnies! As soon as we can be bothered to get up...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (301)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (293)
25.37%
No I don't (561)
48.57%

Watched Threads