Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did it leave a mark next to your nose ? you know the skin discoloration, i have that and it is damn anoying...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I wear glasses and I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    No
    But I think I have indentations in my skull around my ears where the legs go, not sure if that's a natural thing or not :P

ReputationRep:
    Get contacts. :yep:
    I never wore mine enough to get it - I got my glasses about 10 months ago, and I haven't worn them in about 9.
    I suspect it'll go away if you stop wearing them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umad?)
    Did it leave a mark next to your nose ? you know the skin discoloration, i have that and it is damn anoying...
    skin discolouration (if its kinda green'ish) is an allergic reaction to the copper element of the frame.

you can adjust the nose pads (as long as its not a plastic frame) so that it doesnt fit so tightly.

I get that. Hate it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it, it's a sign of poorly fitting glasses. Go down your optician and get them adjusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rehehelly)
    No
    But I think I have indentations in my skull around my ears where the legs go, not sure if that's a natural thing or not :P
    take them to any opticians, they can adjust them at the sides so they are wider around the head bit...

or the person dispensing you was an ass and didnt advise you properly- and your glasses don't fit properly

ReputationRep:
    I don't get that either, and have worn glasses for about 16 years!

ReputationRep:
    Muhahaha!

I am meant to wear glasses. I don't. It works. The problem is that I keep walking into glass doors. Seriously. Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -ch1ck-)
    take them to any opticians, they can adjust them at the sides so they are wider around the head bit...

or the person dispensing you was an ass and didnt advise you properly- and your glasses don't fit properly
    I only wear them when i'm having a lazy day/not going out now, wear contacts normally. I also think they were right, I always used to adjust them myself if they were uncomfortable.

Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    im desperately in need to get fitted with contacts!!!
    i have literally no nose bridge....very small at least....so my glasses slips all the time and i constantly have to push them up. its sooooo annoying!!!

ReputationRep:
    No.

I don't think your glasses fit properly, they shouldn't do that. Go to an opticians and get them adjusted.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't be doing that, mine generally don't. Unless of course I've been pressing them down or something, but that's different.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. 'Tis annoying.

ReputationRep:
    No discolouration, just a little discomfort, but not enough to bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I get it when I've been wearing my glasses with the little plasticy things on them for a long period of time. I don't with other glasses though.

ReputationRep:
    I have a mark on one side of my nose, but I dunno if that's always been there! :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I have done in the past, yes. It's worse with swimming goggles though!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.