Turn on thread page Beta

Sex and Uni? watch

Announcements

Hey im going to be single when i go to uni and was just wondering how true all of these stories are about easily meeting people and getting with them etc, is there any truth in this? Share experiences =] xx

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person really.

There are people that I know who have gone to university and have randomly hooked up with a lot or people.

However it is by no means something that everyone is doing.

Id like to gain different experiences so it would be good to be able to be with guys

ReputationRep:
    if you're not getting some now, chances are you won't be getting some at uni
    uni isnt some kind of miracle worker!

ReputationRep:
    I guess those are the stories you hear about more so then the people that go to uni and dont do it, it makes for a more interesting story. I guess its all up to you, if you want to then i would have thought there is means to do it, however if you dont then you shouldnt have to feel you have to.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Id like to gain different experiences so it would be good to be able to be with guys
    If you are that way inclined, it's quite easy to find willing subjects, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Biggles)
    If you are that way inclined, it's quite easy to find willing subjects, to say the least.
    You make it sound...oh so clinical.

lol im not the most confident of people so im worried this will prevent anything from happening

ReputationRep:
    Last night I was thinking about my first year at uni (I dropped out after a year), and concluded that it was incredibly dominated by trying to get laid - miles above drinking, learning about politics and the NUS, or my course (in fact my course didn't really feature in the memories)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shockcat)
    You make it sound...oh so clinical.
    http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/experimentation.png

ReputationRep:
    lol , well im a single guy, and yeh hopefully it will be a good experience to meet a load of new girls/people, but, i agree with the above comments it depends on the person and things. You just have to talk/open yourself up.
    Which uni u tihnking of going to anyway?

ReputationRep:
    i hope there will be opportunities. sure hope lack of experience doesnt drag me down!

and if not, there's always my thirties lol.

(Original post by mr_Cricket)
    lol , well im a single guy, and yeh hopefully it will be a good experience to meet a load of new girls/people, but, i agree with the above comments it depends on the person and things. You just have to talk/open yourself up.
    Which uni u tihnking of going to anyway?
    Going to newcastle, northumbria uni, cant wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Going to newcastle, northumbria uni, cant wait.
    U shuda headed towards the bigger cities, like, london, manchester, sheffield lolz,
    im probably going to sheffield or a uni of such nature .
    haha
    x
    jus northumbria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_Cricket)
    U shuda headed towards the bigger cities, like, london, manchester, sheffield lolz,
    im probably going to sheffield or a uni of such nature .
    haha
    x
    jus northumbria
    What? Newcastle is a great city for partying and that.

What are you planning to study at Northumbria OP? If I go there we can party together.

ReputationRep:
    It worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person really.
    Uni doesn't make miracles, alcohol consumption does jk

Studying journalism and english

anyone else? any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to newcastle, cant wait .

It all depends on the person, i thought that it was like that, going out hooking up with random people etc, but then i went to stay down with a mate in bath and learnt it wasnt like that at all. Depends what you feel up to. You wont be stereotyped because you dont do it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.