Opinions on Sociology Watch

username227084
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What do you think of it as a subject/area of study? This applies to you whether you've studied it or not.

Is it an easy option? Does it contribute to scientific understanding?
Tw!stEd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It contributes to the understanding of social phenomena.

I think it is a very interesting subject, which has contributed to important things such as large scale idealogies, to current political policies, and to how we see society.

I don't think it is is an easy/soft option. In places it is easier to understand, you often study things that you will have a lived experiance of, however certain abstract concepts can be very hard for people to grasp.

I think it contributes about our understanding of society, however, it is hard to use strictly scientific methodology, because of inability to test large scale social phenomena within lab experiment conditions due to extranious variables.
Virus.exe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's about the hardest AS I've ever taken. Honestly, I hate it to bits and no wonder why I find it difficult. I've done maths, economics but sociology doesn't come class. I hate it.
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I loved it, we used to watch Channel 4 documentaries all the time, and a lot of class discussions. That and suddenly, you were allowed to say your prejudices and many of them were sociologically sound.
Wish i could have carried on to A2 but it was only offered as an AS in my school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (252)
27.21%
No (674)
72.79%

Watched Threads