Some general fitness advice Watch

MrAwesome
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey everyone,

Anyway this kind of question has probably been asked a few times before but would like more of a personal opinion based on the sort of fitness equipment/regimes I have access to.

To begin with I am currently about 90kgs and just over 6ft tall. My main aim is really to lose fat from my stomach area and to generally tone up everywhere else.

The exercise i normally do -especially after exams- are Tennis (which I can probably do once or twice a week), go to the gym (at least twice weekly) and use a home gym machine I have at home (which has all sorts of upperbody resistance training)

Anyway just wondering what peoples advice would be - what combination of exercises to undertake, other forms of exercise (or more specific ones) that will help me achieve my goal of losing a little big of weight and toning up (stomach in particular). I know a good diet is neccesary as well!

Thanks a lot, I'll rep all good answers
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MrAwesome)
Anyway just wondering what peoples advice would be - what combination of exercises to undertake
1. Stick to compound exercises (ie; your squats, deadlifts, lunges, bench presses, overhead presses, rows, pullups, etc), not isolations (ie; your bicep curls, tricep whatevers, etc).

2. Get on a fullbody routine, Starting Strength or StrongLifts would be a good start.

3. Stay away from weights machines/multigyms, free weights are far better.

(Original post by MrAwesome)
other forms of exercise (or more specific ones) that will help me achieve my goal of losing a little big of weight and toning up (stomach in particular).
HIIT, bodyweight exercise tabata, RossTraining, etc. They're all mentioned in the fitness sticky.

Don't be one of the muppets who falls into the 100000000 crunches a day trap, they're very inefficient at building muscle or losing fat, save your time and spend it on something more productive like HIIT, weights or eating better.
MrAwesome
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks a lot for your help, ill look at that sticky!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.68%
No (588)
72.32%

Watched Threads