Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to share my experiences. I'm doing my LL.B at Trent. Essentially because my past academic achievements haven't exactly been brilliant.

The bottom line is that I hate Trent!

For a start there are like 550 people on the first year of the course. They've split the year in half so at most lectures there are 200 odd students. Not a bad thing necessarily but it seems like maybe 50 of us out of the 200 are interested in a good degree! Most lecturers get drowned out by the constant chatter of people ignoring them! Today in one lecture the lady actually kind of gave up at the end and said 'Just read this last slide and go’!

Then there are the tutorials - hardly anyone ever turns up. No so great when you want to do a practice moot. Another issue is that my weekly time table is a total of 8 hours for lectures and tutorials combined (not sure if that's typical for a Law degree).

Finally I was talking to some in the second year of their degree at Derby and in comparison it seems they’ll cover as much in two years as I will in three!

Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive. Just wondered if there were any other Nottingham Law school undergraduates who felt the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I think I was told that I'd be having about 9 to 12 hours per week in uni (Leicester) and I think that's about right as it's mostly own reading etc. Which could be good as you're not missing too much due to idiots not wanting to learn (as you'd be on your own anyway)..
    As for the tutorial time.. maybe you could find other people in the same situation and ask your lecturer to reshuffle so that you'll be together with others who will turn up & be prepared. They should want the best for you & the best out of you so you should be okay if you show your enthusiasm to learn.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.