Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am unsure about which one to go to.... which uni is better accademically and which one is good for social life... i am going to be doing computer science at uni...

My choices are
    1) Queen Mary (3year course, 260 points)
    2) Brunel (4 year sandwich, 280 points)
    3) Portsmouth ( 4 year sandwich, 240 points)
    4) Kingston ( 4 year sandwich course, 260 points)

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary is the best of those universities by far. Go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akmd)
    Queen Mary is the best of those universities by far. Go there.

why?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you love segregation and poor academic standards, don't touch Kingston.

Queen Mary has the best reputation out of all the ones mentioned and is improving year on year. I don't think it's too hot on Computer Science though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaison2)
    i am unsure about which one to go to.... which uni is better accademically and which one is good for social life... i am going to be doing computer science at uni...

My choices are
    1) Queen Mary (3year course, 260 points)
    2) Brunel (4 year sandwich, 280 points)
    3) Portsmouth ( 4 year sandwich, 240 points)
    4) Kingston ( 4 year sandwich course, 260 points)
    Have you received any offers from these universities yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mullings1)
    Have you received any offers from these universities yet?
    yes, the offers are what i have as the points... all have offered a conditional offfer for the points i put...

ReputationRep:
    Qm

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest visiting these universities on open days/applicant days. You may get a better idea of which university to choose

ReputationRep:
    Qmul

ReputationRep:
    Not Kingston thats for sure, i go there and its a pile of ****. Kingston = avoid! Dunno bout the others!

ReputationRep:
    QM is considered the best uni out of that lot.
    But don't just go by the rankings.
    Visit the uni's and see what they're like!

Brunel is good for comp sci and it's a sandwich course which could probably help you get a job after uni since you'd have already had some experience

Portsmouth is ok...
    Kingston... hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Qm

ReputationRep:
    queen mary's...but it's your decision,u should go to open days and see which one you like the best xx

ReputationRep:
    Queen mary has a really good rep but i think its not so good for ur course.. i would suggest brunel only because theres a placement yr... x

ReputationRep:
    queen mary by far... first because is in london , and is part of university of london .. thats why... !!!!

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.