image problems Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
delete or keep anon, please

basically, i have massive issues with my appearance, and want to know if anyone else suffers from the same thing. i used to be severely underweight (a result of a cleverly concealed bulimia phase which i managed to cure myself from, but occasionally relapse) and now am normal weight. this is healthy, but i do no exercise whatsoever and therefore feel flabby and horrendous. at 5'10, i'm 9ish stone, although it can go to 8.5 stone really quickly, and i've never been over 9 stone. i often stare at my body and cry. and recently, several friends have lost weight (one is a suspected bulimic, the other is just naturally slim and it is a result of stress) and i am incredibly jealous of their figures. i have incredibly low self esteem and really don't know how i can cure myself of this. i managed to stop myself from being sick 2+ times a day, every day, and i eat reasonably healthily (5 fruit and veg a day) but also eat loads of ****. i don't really know what to do, to be quite honest. 3 months at a gym made me put on weight and loathe my appearance even more..

is anyone else like this?
oh, what do i do
Jazmine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
delete or keep anon, please

basically, i have massive issues with my appearance, and want to know if anyone else suffers from the same thing. i used to be severely underweight (a result of a cleverly concealed bulimia phase which i managed to cure myself from, but occasionally relapse) and now am normal weight. this is healthy, but i do no exercise whatsoever and therefore feel flabby and horrendous. at 5'10, i'm 9ish stone, although it can go to 8.5 stone really quickly, and i've never been over 9 stone. i often stare at my body and cry. and recently, several friends have lost weight (one is a suspected bulimic, the other is just naturally slim and it is a result of stress) and i am incredibly jealous of their figures. i have incredibly low self esteem and really don't know how i can cure myself of this. i managed to stop myself from being sick 2+ times a day, every day, and i eat reasonably healthily (5 fruit and veg a day) but also eat loads of ****. i don't really know what to do, to be quite honest. 3 months at a gym made me put on weight and loathe my appearance even more..

is anyone else like this?
oh, what do i do
I'm 5"3 and I weight 8st 7lbs, usually.

When I stop walking (for a month or so), I gain half a stone more. When I start walking again, I gain another half stone, making me 9st 7lbs. (This is just muscle though!! That's probably why you've gained weight too) After a while of walking, I drop all that extra weight and go back to my original 8st 7lb.

I also have issues with my appearence, my mother and that side of the family (who I see more) are all tall and slim people (you are the same porportions as them) and it makes me feel short and fat 'cause that's what I look like compared to them =P

But a lot of people love the way I look, for various reasons, and I just focus on the things people like about me and you know, we can't all be perfect, so we just have to love ourselves all we can. You are doing so well and I'm sure everyone's proud of you and thinks you look gorgeous. Try and look up some ways to help you to change your perception of how you look.

If you gain more confidence with how you look, you'll feel so much better and I think it's not so much about how you look physically but how you feel mentally (do this even if you have to keep reminding yourself about it).

Also, if you feel flabby, work on toning your body more (or continue to, if you are already doing so). That's what I do. =) It's not exactly fast working - in my experience.. but you'll eventually see the affects or other people will anyways and you'll feel at least a bit better about yourself that way too.

Sorry, if you've heard it all before, but I hope that's of some help =)
AyeUpFoxy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not To Sound Harsh But Maybe When Your Feeling Down You Should Think About People Who Dont Have Legs, Or The People In Africa Who Are Born With Aids. Consider Yourself Lucky And Stop Moaning, Go Out And Enjoy The Fact That You Can!!!!

To me You Sound Normal With Not Much To Complain About.

So Stop Worrying!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads